Best glass screen protector for this phone

Antony Guan

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Like my Galaxy S7 edge, finding a good one which will stick to the screen and have nearly full coverage (covering the 2nd screen) will be hard. What glass protector did you guys buy? And did you regret buying that one?

SaltGuy

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Like my Galaxy S7 edge, finding a good one which will stick to the screen and have nearly full coverage (covering the 2nd screen) will be hard. What glass protector did you guys buy? And did you regret buying that one?

BodyGuards Aura covers 2nd screen to below hometouch buttons.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Incipio not available online yet, but T-Mobile has them in stores. $35 though, but I feel it's worth it.
2ec95c90cdc81bb32df85e9ef461709d.jpg
4ba8dc6b5aca5263e36f42b39e67e1a8.jpg

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I had the guy at T-Mobile install mine. It's a little crooked, but not too bad. He had a hard time using the installation tool. It was like the screen cover was too big to fit inside it.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My Verizon factory installed film screen "protector" is still going strong. Tucked the little pull tab under the lip of the case and showing no signs of pulling up. Feels soft, but still glides smooth as glass. I hope it never starts to pull off!

Mohawk3

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I also have kept the Verizon screen protector on that case with the phone. I'm hoping it doesn't peel off for a while. I used tempered glass on my G4, but the reviews for most of the tempered glass protectors on Amazon and this board have kept me from pulling the trigger to this point.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I had the guy at T-Mobile install mine. It's a little crooked, but not too bad. He had a hard time using the installation tool. It was like the screen cover was too big to fit inside it.
I used to always allow them to install them but I realized they don't really care and I'm kinda particular so I learned how to do it pretty perfect myself. Going to install the new Incipios this morning.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Okay, got the Incipios installed. The included guide tool, pictured below worked well for me
8c81b593ffd0aa3bbe3d911f0c5b859b.jpg

The screen protector has good coverage and you can barely see it
a08c2b35e61c03e95e8a913d9891c8d0.jpg

Now, nothing can be perfect can it? A girl can't have perfection? It seems these are not made from tempered glass or glass at all. Some kind of acrylic maybe. I notice the drag when moving my finger across the screen. Its not bad but I did notice it.

At least it looks decent and provides the desired coverage.

bigguh

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Verizon sells the glass screen protector for $24.99. I get 25% off of accessories. So, after tax (shipping was free), it came to just over $19. I don't currently have any pics, but it is a good fit covering the 2nd screen and just above the LG at the bottom. Of course, we'd want the whole screen covered but it is what it is. I still feel better.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site

I've managed to get one that I feel is pretty much PERFECT. I went into a different Verizon store (Royal Oak Michigan) a week after having a horrible one installed ( Verizon brand initially) that had a horrible halo and just looked really bad. I went to the Royal Oak (Michigan) store today. And in case anyone is in the area, ask for Mr Haz Kazan. He promised me he would do a great job or he wouldn't charge me and he did a perfect job applying it. The brand is called Pure.gear. it's high definition glass. Comes with an easy install alignment tray, is touch and swipe precise, promises to be bubble free and advertises a case friendly fit. So the kicker, is that it's $50 but with my GM discount I got 25% off. Honestly after seeing it on I think it's worth every penny. I've never had a tempered glass screen protector this perfect and this clear. The original Verizon store I went to last week did not carry this brand.

Attachments

• 14353.jpg
    14353.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 103

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Oh and PS the pure.gear one comes with a lifetime guarantee

They guarantee defective workmanship on their part. Nothing more. Which is no big deal, just pointing it out that they do not replace when it breaks like zagg does.

Anyways here is the pure gear online link. I may purchase one, appears to be good.

The Coverage
Our warranties protect the original customer from defect in material or workmanship. Damages from normal wear and tear, alterations, misuse, neglect, accident, service by non-authorized service centers, or acts of God are not covered under these warranties.

PureGear - Tempered Glass with Self Aligning Tray for LG Devices - High Definition

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund