12-31-2017 06:46 AM
45 12
tools
    After one week of use the fingerprint scanner quit working. Sometimes I see a message that says "fingerprint not working, if problem persists restart phone". That does not work. Anyone else having issues with fingerprint scanner?
    10-29-2016 11:51 PM
    After one week of use the fingerprint scanner quit working. Sometimes I see a message that says "fingerprint not working, if problem persists restart phone". That does not work. Anyone else having issues with fingerprint scanner?
    My second print stopped working. The message I get when I try to rescan it says the sensor is dirty. The first print works just fine and the sensor is not dirty. The second print was working fine for the first couple of days.
    10-30-2016 12:38 AM
    Now this has never happened to me...if keeps happening..reset device and reset your fingerprints as new
    10-30-2016 10:38 AM
    Have you removed the plastic from the sensor?
    jamesrick80 and kathyathome like this.
    10-30-2016 11:53 AM
    I did remove the plastic first day. It worked very well, then all of a sudden nothing.
    10-30-2016 07:19 PM
    Before resetting the device I'd also suggest shutting down the phone and pulling the battery. Wait about 60 seconds before reinserting the battery and restarting the phone. Even when you power down, there is is still "some stuff" running.
    10-30-2016 07:29 PM
    I have pulled the battery, and reset my fingerprints three times and it keeps failing. Any more ideas?
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    11-04-2016 04:17 PM
    Gave this a shot. Fingerprint is completely inactive. No response at all. I'm guessing factory reset is my only option.
    11-04-2016 04:40 PM
    Well I redid my fingerprints for the 5th time and this time I tapped so lightly I could barely tell I touched it, and now it is working again! I tend to have a heavy touch from my days of typing on a manual typewriter. Try rescanning very, very delicately and see if that helps.
    11-04-2016 08:19 PM
    I have a question regarding using the fingerprint reader. I have my phone turned completely off while I'm at work. Even though I have turned off the option to require a password to unlock, after powering on the phone, it still gives me the "can't use fingerprint to unlock" message.

I can use the fingerprint reader just fine after I unlock with an actual password after startup. Is there something I am missing or overlooking in my settings, or is unlocking the phone after startup with my fingerprint not an option?

Thanks for any help/suggestions. I'm on at&t if it makes any difference.
    11-05-2016 08:48 AM
    I have a question regarding using the fingerprint reader. I have my phone turned completely off while I'm at work. Even though I have turned off the option to require a password to unlock, after powering on the phone, it still gives me the "can't use fingerprint to unlock" message.

I can use the fingerprint reader just fine after I unlock with an actual password after startup. Is there something I am missing or overlooking in my settings, or is unlocking the phone after startup with my fingerprint not an option?

From my understanding this is a security feature introduced with marshmallow. No way to change it. It's only after a restart.
    lsmachado and carme4 like this.
    11-05-2016 09:21 AM
    Is there something I am missing or overlooking in my settings, or is unlocking the phone after startup with my fingerprint not an option?
    It doesn't seem to be an option. I am assuming there's some technical or security reason why the fingerprint scanner can't be used right after a reboot.
    lsmachado likes this.
    11-05-2016 09:23 AM

Its there as a way to unlock your phone in the event your fingerprint scanner were to fail. I'm not sure why its required on reboot but it is.
    11-05-2016 10:24 AM
    I can't get a any finger print scanner to work consistently. I believe it's because of my trade. I use my hands alot finishing concrete and only use gloves occasionally. I think I am altering my fingerprints some when I screed the concrete flat and its affecting my scanner reliability. I can set up a finger print scanner and it works great at the set up time, then I go a few days and the scanner won't work.
    carme4 likes this.
    11-06-2016 12:23 PM
    I am the same way! I think I have a heavy touch and I mess it up and have to re do it again. I'm trying really hard to barely touch the scanner and it seems to help!
    11-06-2016 01:04 PM
    I still have the plastic on, and you don't have to touch bar hard. Lightly touching works well on my phone.
    sswitzer and Knightstalker like this.
    11-06-2016 05:31 PM
    Gave this a shot. Fingerprint is completely inactive. No response at all. I'm guessing factory reset is my only option.
    Did a factory reset and still not working. Looks like I need to get phone replaced.
    11-13-2016 08:29 PM
    I still have the plastic on, and you don't have to touch bar hard. Lightly touching works well on my phone.
    Same here... Still working great after a couple weeks... Didn't notice that I left the plastic on until days later 😂
    11-13-2016 10:32 PM
    My fingerprint scanner works great when it's not in a case. When I put case on it takes several tries to unlock phone.
    11-15-2016 03:09 AM
    When I had the plastic covering on the sensor, it worked great, 1st touch every time. Once I peeled it off, I constantly get the message the sensor is dirty and it won't work! I did manage to get it to recognize one print, but it can take several tries to get the screen to unlock, really frustrating. Should have left it with the cover on I guess.
    carme4 likes this.
    12-20-2016 03:29 PM
    Happens to me too David.
    12-20-2016 03:43 PM
    When I had the plastic covering on the sensor, it worked great, 1st touch every time. Once I peeled it off, I constantly get the message the sensor is dirty and it won't work! I did manage to get it to recognize one print, but it can take several tries to get the screen to unlock, really frustrating. Should have left it with the cover on I guess.
    The only time I had trouble with FPS was when I was out in the cold all and my hands dried up
    12-20-2016 04:52 PM
    Before replacing the phone, maybe try this? Super cheap option, and the disassembly is easy as pie when you watch videos. If it doesn't work, you're out $13 is all. Better option before trying to replace phone
    Attached Thumbnails LG V20 - Fingerprint Scanner Stopped Working......-13640.jpg  
    12-20-2016 10:14 PM
    Before replacing the phone, maybe try this? Super cheap option, and the disassembly is easy as pie when you watch videos. If it doesn't work, you're out $13 is all. Better option before trying to replace phone
    Could void warranty
    12-20-2016 11:23 PM
    Could void warranty
    But if it doesn't work, he'd still be out $13. And could reinstall the OEM reader. And if it's through an outside insurance claim to get a new phone, I highly highly doubt they'd notice it had been opened up
    12-20-2016 11:58 PM
45 12