I watched a LG V20 drop test and am surprised that dropped from 7 feet or more, the lens glass did not break. This is quite different from reports of easily cracked lens glass. What do you think? Poor quality control? Fake video (which lMO is not)? Inconsistent lens glass sample?

10-30-2016 10:47 AM
    I watched a LG V20 drop test and am surprised that dropped from 7 feet or more, the lens glass did not break. This is quite different from reports of easily cracked lens glass. What do you think? Poor quality control? Fake video (which lMO is not)? Inconsistent lens glass sample?

That's Android Authority....doubt its a fake video. Why does the camera lens break with very little impact and other times not? The answer could be as simple as the lens cover glass being too tight in some cases which causes extra stress on the glass. The way it's dropped or falls has a lot to do with it also.
    10-30-2016 11:04 AM
    I bet if 3 people dropped a phone the same exact way, and I mean exact flight path, position and landing point (which is almost impossible) all results would definitely vary.

As far as I am concerned, if you drop a phone with either a protective case or without a case and it didn't break, you got LUCKY, nothing more nothing less, regardless of the gimmicks and ratings.
    10-30-2016 11:06 AM
    I bet if 3 people dropped a phone the same exact way, and I mean exact flight path, position and landing point (which is almost impossible) all results would definitely vary.

As far as I am concerned, if you drop a phone with either a protective case or without a case and it didn't break, you got LUCKY, nothing more nothing less, regardless of the gimmicks and ratings.
    A recent post on this forum mentioned that the V20 was dropped from 2 feet on carpet with the screen down, and the rear camera glass cracked. This is quite different from dropped from 7 feet and on a hard surface.

I really don't understand the difference.
    10-30-2016 11:15 AM
    When a phone is mass produced there are always going to be issues with some of the devices. Only a handful of people have actually had this happen with the glass breaking. It is not an issue until all these people span the threads because they were clumsy and drop an 800 dollar device and it broke.

Ever been to an apple store and seen the massive wait time to have your phone looked at. I would say 60% of all of the iPhones I have had were defective or had an issue out of the box
    10-30-2016 11:32 AM
    That's Android Authority....doubt its a fake video. Why does the camera lens break with very little impact and other times not? The answer could be as simple as the lens cover glass being too tight in some cases which causes extra stress on the glass. The way it's dropped or falls has a lot to do with it also.
    Focus of energy displacement. A drop more to front or back area more likely to crack camera glass perhaps. Seems to need some directional / direct force or a scratch to trigger the shatter.

Again if a significant issue, more events will occur. LG should take ownership or deal with already N7 weary carriers.
    10-30-2016 12:15 PM
    Here is another one, but not in English.

10-30-2016 12:31 PM