Do scratches bother you?

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I asked this in the Pixel forum but curious to hear from others as well. If you have a phone for a day or 2 and notice a small scratch on the aluminum or bezel, does it bother you? Curious to see how OCD members on the forum are. Personally, my eyes always find it. Luckily it is not the glass on front or back but just a few (3-5) very small silver parts on the black bezel where it meets the phone screen. I guess my 1-day honeymoon phase is over and phone can stop being 100% babied lol

jacker

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes it does, especially if it was caused by my own carelessness or ignorance.

Fortunately, I had a case on day 1

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Yes it does, especially if it was caused by my own carelessness or ignorance.

Fortunately, I had a case on day 1
Unfortunately no cases in my area for my Pixel XL. It'll be in on Tuesday though. Luckily it is only 3-5 tiny spots most would not notice. If I did not have morals I would make up an issue and exchange it but then I would feel guilty and technically not VZW or Google's fault lol

jacker

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately no cases in my area for my Pixel XL. It'll be in on Tuesday though. Luckily it is only 3-5 tiny spots most would not notice. If I did not have morals I would make up an issue and exchange it but then I would feel guilty and technically not VZW or Google's fault lol

Rare in this day and age to meet an honest man.

Props sir!

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Rare in this day and age to meet an honest man.

Props sir!
Thanks! As much as a scratch bothers me, just not worth the guilt of lying! Luckily it is only materialistic. With twins on the way, keeping a phone perfect will be hard to do according to my wife! Lol might as well get used to it now. The plus is, it is not on the screen! That would drive me even more crazy. With my luck, lying would get me a replacement with issues lol

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
As much as scuffs and scratches bother me, I'm really enjoying the V20 buck a$$ naked. The only real reason I'm considering getting a case is the camera hump and the alleged fragile glass that covers it.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I asked this in the Pixel forum but curious to hear from others as well. If you have a phone for a day or 2 and notice a small scratch on the aluminum or bezel, does it bother you? Curious to see how OCD members on the forum are. Personally, my eyes always find it. Luckily it is not the glass on front or back but just a few (3-5) very small silver parts on the black bezel where it meets the phone screen. I guess my 1-day honeymoon phase is over and phone can stop being 100% babied lol

Yeah it would bother me. That's why I put a case on it asap!

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! As much as a scratch bothers me, just not worth the guilt of lying! Luckily it is only materialistic. With twins on the way, keeping a phone perfect will be hard to do according to my wife! Lol might as well get used to it now. The plus is, it is not on the screen! That would drive me even more crazy. With my luck, lying would get me a replacement with issues lol

Twins on the way?? Wow...CONGRATS!!!

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm curious who here would have it bother them enough to try to return it? Would you be someone who crosses that barrier? What if the replacement got a small scratch? Reason I ask is because as a grad student I have seen classmates do this. I know it is difficult to keep a phone 100% pristine. Seems they all will end up with some sort of small, or major, cosmetic flaw.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
That's the thing. There will always be a scratch or scuff eventually...even if you keep it in a case. So, there is no point in returning it for another one...to me. And you run the risk of the replacement having some other flaw.

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Its hard to avoid scratches, even with cases. I would be bother but not to the point return it.

I'm more OCD on installing screen protector than this.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Its hard to avoid scratches, even with cases. I would be bother but not to the point return it.

I'm more OCD on installing screen protector than this.
Holy crap screen protectors....I hate them but love them. They are the spawn of Satan when it comes to getting them on perfect. It takes me a good 30 minutes to make sure nothing is on my screen to install a Tempered Glass one.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I have mine in a otterbox defender case

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
They do to an extent, but I have to understand and accept that they're my fault and nothing I can do once they're apparent.

I scratched my first N7 within like a week, and I don't know how. In the past 4 days my current phone has taken 2 significant drops and hardly a mark at all, not even a mark from the last drop last night. Don't know how that happened...

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
They do to an extent, but I have to understand and accept that they're my fault and nothing I can do once they're apparent.

I scratched my first N7 within like a week, and I don't know how. In the past 4 days my current phone has taken 2 significant drops and hardly a mark at all, not even a mark from the last drop last night. Don't know how that happened...
Indeed. I just found a micro scratch on the glass near the earpiece. Ultimately I probably laid it on something that had a piece of dirt or sand. Just gotta live with it. I think some pros have to understand that unless you do not take the phone out of the box, it is bound to get a scratch or something on it. It's nearly impossible to keep it 100% flawless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34