Wanted to replace my Note 7 with V20 but..

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Best Buy where I bought my N7 with AT&T as my carrier didn't have the V20 in stock on Friday the 28th when it was supposed to release. So I went with an S7 Edge. Last weeks BB ad showed $200 gift card with purchase and activation of the V20 on the 28th. Well they had no clue why is wasn't in store so that limited my choices. I've read of a limited release of the V20 seems like they weren't prepared for the demand of this phone. The S7 edge has grown on me since turning in my N7. This week's BB ad shows nothing of the V20 and their site only shows limited choices of it with none in stock locally. They don't know if they will even get any with this week's shipment. I guess my local AT&T store has them but only offering a $200 credit on my bill. Is the V20 that much better than the S7 edge coming from a Note 7? I would miss the wireless charging and water resistance too much I believe having 3 wireless chargers around the house I've had for 3 years now using them. I could just do a refund at BB take the $35 restocking fee hit and go to AT&T and buy the V20. Is it worth it? I'm on the next program AT&T upgrading every year. Thanks for the input.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Best Buy where I bought my N7 with AT&T as my carrier didn't have the V20 in stock on Friday the 28th when it was supposed to release. So I went with an S7 Edge. Last weeks BB ad showed $200 gift card with purchase and activation of the V20 on the 28th. Well they had no clue why is wasn't in store so that limited my choices. I've read of a limited release of the V20 seems like they weren't prepared for the demand of this phone. The S7 edge has grown on me since turning in my N7. This week's BB ad shows nothing of the V20 and their site only shows limited choices of it with none in stock locally. They don't know if they will even get any with this week's shipment. I guess my local AT&T store has them but only offering a $200 credit on my bill. Is the V20 that much better than the S7 edge coming from a Note 7? I would miss the wireless charging and water resistance too much I believe having 3 wireless chargers around the house I've had for 3 years now using them. I could just do a refund at BB take the $35 restocking fee hit and go to AT&T and buy the V20. Is it worth it? I'm on the next program AT&T upgrading every year. Thanks for the input.
Yes it is worth it, the V20 flies

sean48238

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
It's a preference. I loved my note 7 but I must say the v20 is faster responding. But I miss my wireless charging but I'm pretty sure a back cover will come out that will create this feature pretty soon. It's hard to beat the OLED display on the note 7 but the v20 display is pretty damn good. If you can get the $200 I would say the change is worth it. That brings the price down to the $600 range

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I used the s7 edge between n7s and personally hated it. To many palm taps and phantom touches. Not to mention it was slower than the n7. Have the V20 now. Couldn't be happier.. Well almost. Would have liked it to be waterproofed at least a little.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I am biased because I wouldn't get the S7E for nothing. I can't live with nothing below 64 g sd card or not. I also can't have anything smaller than 5.7...bigger is better to me, lol. But the V20 is butter smooth. Wireless isn't that big of a deal to me. I do miss the waterproof feature. The UI of the LG can't come close to the S7 Edge. But most people use other launchers. I think it is worth....just think of what u can't give up on the S7 and compare it with the LG.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I think you've got a winner with your S7 Edge device, but it's obviously up to you if you'd like to get the V20 instead! Would you consider switching carriers? Or you could wait until Best Buy gets a new shipment in? You're caught between two great phones - any choice you'd make would be a good one! Good luck, and let us know what you decide!

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I was going to do the same, but since BB didn't have it in stock I went to my AT&T store and just added a line since I wasn't ready to give up my Note. I think it's all personal preference than anything else, the V20 is definitely fast and fluid and I do admit the fingerprint scanner is super reliable and fast, and the rear home button/FPS is kind of a welcome change thus far for me. I really wanted to take advantage of the $200 gift card but oh well . I've got 13 days left to decide if it's the phone I want before I'm stuck with this line