10-31-2016 06:29 PM
28 12
tools
    Curious to see what bloatware etc that comes preinstalled did everyone disable. List your carrier too please since some apps are different. Thank you
    talon1189 likes this.
    10-31-2016 09:30 AM

I'm on Verizon.

Fyi, if you're curious what the "com.android.providers.partnerb..." is, that's what causes the partner bookmarks to show up in Chrome, and I think it's Verizon specific. If you've noticed those and wanted to know how to delete them, you need to disable this app and they will go away. They cannot be deleted like regular bookmarks through Chrome itself.
    AdamHLG and talon1189 like this.
    10-31-2016 09:50 AM
    Wow...you hardly have any bloatware...AT&T is bad
    10-31-2016 10:01 AM
    10-31-2016 10:10 AM
    Wow...you hardly have any bloatware...AT&T is bad
    Yep. AT&T has become the king of bloatware lately.
    Joeykool likes this.
    10-31-2016 10:31 AM
    Dang Uber too....lol. Tmobile has nothing other than their usual visual VM and that Tmobile TV....
    Joeykool likes this.
    10-31-2016 11:24 AM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...08cee1e3b3.jpg
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...90bd2b67ca.jpg
    I'm on Verizon.

Fyi, if you're curious what the "com.android.providers.partnerb..." is, that's what causes the partner bookmarks to show up in Chrome, and I think it's Verizon specific. If you've noticed those and wanted to know how to delete them, you need to disable this app and they will go away. They cannot be deleted like regular bookmarks through Chrome itself.
    What???!!! Lol u don't like Slacker radio? Just joking. I had to install it on mine. TMobile....What are u using as radio nothing? It seems like u have to plug in headphones for the FM to work.
    10-31-2016 11:27 AM
    Ah good old AT&T

what preinstalled apps do you disable and what carrier are you on?-screenshot_2016-10-31-11-28-34.jpgwhat preinstalled apps do you disable and what carrier are you on?-screenshot_2016-10-31-11-28-40.jpgwhat preinstalled apps do you disable and what carrier are you on?-screenshot_2016-10-31-11-28-45.jpg
    talon1189 likes this.
    10-31-2016 11:29 AM
    What???!!! Lol u don't like Slacker radio? Just joking. I had to install it on mine. TMobile....What are u using as radio nothing? It seems like u have to plug in headphones for the FM to work.
    I used Google Play Music. I used to use Slacker before that though.
    athenatp likes this.
    10-31-2016 11:31 AM
    I used Google Play Music. I used to use Slacker before that though.
    Does play work like slacker? Never looked into it
    10-31-2016 11:38 AM
    Verizon disables the FM chip, but that doesn't bother me. I don't listen to it much, and have a radio handy if I do want to. Usually I'm listening to podcasts, audio books, or Pandora.

Edit: I've also disabled the built in calculator. I have the G3 calculator app side loaded now so I can use it with Qslide.
    athenatp likes this.
    10-31-2016 11:47 AM
    Ah good old AT&T
    You have some apps I don't even have. Are you in settings-applications?
    10-31-2016 12:19 PM
    I'm on Verizon.

Good list, why disable WebView? I get the rest, that one confuses me.
    10-31-2016 12:38 PM
    I'm on Verizon.

Same list for me on Verizon, only difference is I use Android Pay and QuickRemote
    10-31-2016 12:57 PM
    Good list, why disable WebView? I get the rest, that one confuses me.
    Good question, because I didn't manually disable it. I also noticed the enable button was greyed out, and enabling it from the Play store wasn't working either. A quick search brought up this thread.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=653247

I disabled Chrome, and was able to enable System Webview. It appears to be a Nougat thing, and can't have both enabled at the same time. I'm now wondering if this is the cause of Chrome not working right with Facebook picture uploads. I need to look into this more.
    Same list for me on Verizon, only difference is I use Android Pay and QuickRemote
    I still use plastic, and I have Peel for a remote app because it also gives me a listing guide.
    10-31-2016 01:08 PM
    Quick update, I disabled Chrome, updated System Webview, then enabled Chrome again. System Webview was again automatically disabled, but now Facebook looks to function right again. Go figure...
    10-31-2016 01:13 PM
    Quick update, I disabled Chrome, updated System Webview, then enabled Chrome again. System Webview was again automatically disabled, but now Facebook looks top function right again. Go figure...
    I can't update webview
    10-31-2016 01:40 PM
    I can't update webview
    Did you disable Chrome first? According to the thread I linked above, the two won't run together in Nougat. That also means the update option won't be available in Play if Chrome is still enabled.
    10-31-2016 02:18 PM
    Did you disable Chrome first? According to the thread I linked above, the two won't run together in Nougat. That also means the update option won't be available in Play if Chrome is still enabled.
    I went into apps to update it...ill try again through play store

Update...worked like a charm...nice FIND
    10-31-2016 02:23 PM
    You have some apps I don't even have. Are you in settings-applications?
    Hit the ... in the top right and tap show system apps. That reveled a few more things that I wanted to disable.
    10-31-2016 02:27 PM
    So basically Chrome is replacing WebView in Nougat, which is what devs would use when they wanted to display web pages/content in their apps.

Google explains how Chrome will become WebView in Android 7.0

"Android has long provided a way for developers to show web content in apps without implementing a full browser with WebView, but the nature of this component has changed a lot over the years. It became Chromium-powered, was unbundled from the system, and then got a beta channel. Starting in Android 7.0 Nougat, WebView will actually be Chrome.

For Chrome to handle WebView rendering, you'll need to be on v51 or higher with Android 7.0. The default behavior in this instance will be for the Chrome APK on your device to render Android System WebViews. Google says this is more memory-efficient than using the current WebView. The standalone WebView APK will no longer be updated via the Play Store as long as the Chrome rendering remains enabled on your device.

Should you want to change the WebView rendering mode, that will be in developer options under "WebView implementation." You can choose between v51 or a higher build of Chrome (stable, beta, dev) on your device or the regular WebView APK."
    10-31-2016 02:29 PM
    Hit the ... in the top right and tap show system apps. That reveled a few more things that I wanted to disable.
    Nice, thanks
    10-31-2016 02:29 PM
    What method do you use to stitch together multiple screenshots? I really miss that feature from the note 7. I looked in capture + and couldn't find anything to do it
    10-31-2016 02:44 PM
    What method do you use to stitch together multiple screenshots? I really miss that feature from the note 7. I looked in capture + and couldn't find anything to do it
    Stitch it
    10-31-2016 04:14 PM
    Stitch it
    Thank you !
    Joeykool likes this.
    10-31-2016 04:31 PM
28 12