I have a concern about updates

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't even know what they are
Basically it has two OS partitions. When an update downloads, it updates one partition in the background while you use your phone. When it's done, you simply reboot and it switches to the new partition with no waiting on anything like apps optimizing.

When the next update comes in, it repeats the process with the now unused partition.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Basically it has two OS partitions. When an update downloads, it updates one partition in the background while you use your phone. When it's done, you simply reboot and it switches to the new partition with no waiting on anything like apps optimizing.

When the next update comes in, it repeats the process with the now unused partition.
Actually the update I had done was pretty fast and it didn't have to optimize apps or anything like that

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Actually the update I had done was pretty fast and it didn't have to optimize apps or anything like that
I've been through two on Verizon. One took so long,I was about to pull the battery thinking it had locked up. But the idea of the seamless updates is you don't see any indication of an update progress other than something like the initial notice. When the update is ready, the reboot would look just like any other reboot.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I've been through two on Verizon. One took so long,I was about to pull the battery thinking it had locked up. But the idea of the seamless updates is you don't see any indication of an update progress other than something like the initial notice. When the update is ready, the reboot would look just like any other reboot.
That's odd.... I only received one

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I'm on update 11a

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85