just dropped my v20 on a hardwood floor......

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Of course screens crack and cars dent. There's a growing sentiment in some circles, however, that the V20's camera lens takes little more than staring at it to shatter. ...can't say I subscribe to that and so far I've not had any reason to.

On a related note they did put a film on the lens. I believe it was for protection and will, therefore, leave it in place. If some enterprising vendor wants to make a tempered glass protector for the V20's camera lens I'd be lying if I didn't admit I'd be nearly first in line.

Gotta protect my Precious'

ggendel

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Phone drops are pretty fickle. If it hits in the wrong place things shatter otherwise virtually nothing. I've been lucky in that I've never broken any phone I've owned. I also have a reflex to stop the fall with my foot. I've saved several items from destruction that way. However, it also cost me when I dropped a bit and heavy model train transformer and broke a few toes. That was one I should have let go. :-!

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
You did say it again
b92579eb3245a276178f54d7e7e0d9f8.gif

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Just because yours didn't break this one time doesn't mean others were as lucky. Drops are a chance thing. Depends on how far, how hard (normal drop or you were moving your arm so gave it momentum), and angel that it falls.

I believe in ANGELS too but not ones that have fallen.....:p

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Dropoed mine from waist down on concrete, naked, face up. I was able kick my foot out and help soften the decent, resulting in a couple of small nicks on the top and bottom of the left backside of the metal cover. I immediately went to the Verizon store and got an Incipio case.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone watched the one drop test video on YouTube? The guy drops the phone like 5 or 6 times before the lens cracks and the final drops were from higher than 6 feet.

was that the same video where he just barely scratched the camera lens and then you could see the camera lens crack with nothing even touching it?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
OMG I still remember your ummmmm ........ very interesting analogy with the " makeup phone " and I swear it got very warm in the room I was sitting in haaaaaa !!!!
I'm just going to say that the way my phone parsed "analogy" in that there post across two lines nearly made it rather warm here too for a split second, until I moved to the next line and read the rest of the word.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2