11-08-2016 05:30 PM
63 123
tools
    The camera lens didn't break. Stop trying to tell everyone these phones are defective.
    11-01-2016 09:27 AM
    The camera lens didn't break. Stop trying to tell everyone these phones are defective.
    lol, for real. I dropped mine on my tile floor and it landed on the back and not a scratch or cracked lens. People are just trying to find a way to point a finger at someone other than themselves.
    11-01-2016 09:35 AM
    I've dropped mine twice since I've had it. One of the drops it was naked. Not a scratch dent or crack anywhere.
    11-01-2016 12:03 PM
    Has anyone watched the one drop test video on YouTube? The guy drops the phone like 5 or 6 times before the lens cracks and the final drops were from higher than 6 feet.
    11-01-2016 01:39 PM
    Has anyone watched the one drop test video on YouTube? The guy drops the phone like 5 or 6 times before the lens cracks and the final drops were from higher than 6 feet.
    And the camera doesn't even crack... Wait maybe it does, I don't remember haha
    11-01-2016 01:48 PM
    Screen cracked not lens....and for clarification when the glass over the camera breaks it is not the lens
    CountryDevil likes this.
    11-01-2016 02:04 PM
    Related question, did everyone remove the plastic protector on their camera lens? Mine's still on but didn't even know it was there till I read it somewhere.
    11-01-2016 02:11 PM
    I left mine on, just in case it helps. I do not think the glass will crack, but if a little piece of plastic might help and doesn't interfere with taking photos then why not leave it.
    tadpoles likes this.
    11-01-2016 02:12 PM
    Just because yours didn't break this one time doesn't mean others were as lucky. Drops are a chance thing. Depends on how far, how hard (normal drop or you were moving your arm so gave it momentum), and angel that it falls.

Please don't tell others what to post/not post on the forums . They're allowed to share their experiences as well. Not all of us go through the same stuff.
    tadpoles and libra89 like this.
    11-01-2016 02:23 PM
    Just because yours didn't break this one time doesn't mean others were as lucky. Drops are a chance thing. Depends on how far, how hard (normal drop or you were moving your arm so gave it momentum), and angel that it falls.

Please don't tell others what to post/not post on the forums . They're allowed to share their experiences as well. Not all of us go through the same stuff.
    I'm of the impression the OP may be referring to the hysteria posted by those who dont have actual experiences but are part of the doom and gloom. Note: I reserve the right to be wrong in my assertions.
    11-01-2016 02:33 PM
    I tripped and dropped a brand new V20 yesterday on a concrete street.
    The dropped height was only about 2 inch or so, because in that split second I was ready to give up one part of my body to save that precious phone. Unfortunately, my instinct saved my arm just before I hit the street. Because I dropped the phone at such a low height with not so much impact, I thought my phone was going to be okay (maybe expected some scratches), but God was merciless and cracked every corner of the lcd glass. I still hope this is dream.
    I sent the device back to LG for a "paid" repair..
    11-01-2016 03:39 PM

I am referring to the people going around and causing a hysteria who don't actually have the phone. I'm sure if it's dropped enough it can crack the lens cover. Dont come into the forms and claiming a defective device and a single drop will spell doom for your lg v20. Especially since it's an absolutely amazing device. That's why I made that remark good sir.
    11-01-2016 03:57 PM
    One of mine fell off the nightstand last evening and hit the lamp base on the way to the floor. I panicked. Not even a scuff...anywhere.
    11-01-2016 04:17 PM
    11-01-2016 04:19 PM
    How many do you have?
    2. One Titan one Silver. I think I like the silver a little bit more than the titan but they're both purrrrty.
    11-01-2016 07:19 PM
    2. One Titan one Silver. I think I like the silver a little bit more than the titan but they're both purrrrty.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...9f8455982b.jpg
    So you are keeping both?
    11-01-2016 09:06 PM
    I tripped and dropped a brand new V20 yesterday on a concrete street.
    The dropped height was only about 2 inch or so, because in that split second I was ready to give up one part of my body to save that precious phone. Unfortunately, my instinct saved my arm just before I hit the street. Because I dropped the phone at such a low height with not so much impact, I thought my phone was going to be okay (maybe expected some scratches), but God was merciless and cracked every corner of the lcd glass. I still hope this is dream.
    I sent back the device back to LG for a "paid" repair..
    That sucks. That is why I put a higher end case and tempered glass protector on every phone (not saying you did not). There is still no guarantee but anything helps
    11-01-2016 09:41 PM
    I personally have never used any cases or screen films on my phone. I have always enjoyed naked phones for full beauty, but this time I learned my lesson.. As soon as I get my phone back this time, I'm going to keep it in a fortress or something.
    11-01-2016 10:31 PM
    Screen cracked not lens....and for clarification when the glass over the camera breaks it is not the lens
    Right, it's just the lens cover. And a few have cracked for no apparent reason.
    11-02-2016 07:53 AM
    So you are keeping both?
    Heck yes! How I feel now? I've written it before... You'll peel my V20s out of my cold, dead, and crispy fingers.
    Jona005 and Jeremiah Bonds like this.
    11-02-2016 08:00 AM
    Of course screens crack and cars dent. There's a growing sentiment in some circles, however, that the V20's camera lens takes little more than staring at it to shatter. ...can't say I subscribe to that and so far I've not had any reason to.

On a related note they did put a film on the lens. I believe it was for protection and will, therefore, leave it in place. If some enterprising vendor wants to make a tempered glass protector for the V20's camera lens I'd be lying if I didn't admit I'd be nearly first in line.

Gotta protect my Precious'
    juliesdroidsync likes this.
    11-02-2016 08:06 AM
    Heck yes! How I feel now? I've written it before... You'll peel my V20s out of my cold, dead, and crispy fingers.
    2 is better than 1 anyways no ??

Now that's kinky haaaa !?!? Nope no GIF with this one ahem ahem !!
    11-02-2016 10:04 AM
    2 is better than 1 anyways wink wink ?!?!

Now that's kinky haaaa !!! Nope no GIF with this one ahem ahem !!
    juliesdroidsync likes this.
    11-02-2016 10:05 AM
    Phone drops are pretty fickle. If it hits in the wrong place things shatter otherwise virtually nothing. I've been lucky in that I've never broken any phone I've owned. I also have a reflex to stop the fall with my foot. I've saved several items from destruction that way. However, it also cost me when I dropped a bit and heavy model train transformer and broke a few toes. That was one I should have let go.
    11-02-2016 10:14 AM
    2 is better than 1 anyways no ??

Now that's kinky haaaa !?!? Nope no GIF with this one ahem ahem !!
    You can say that again
    11-02-2016 11:22 AM
63 123