Nougat or LG V20 problem?

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Hello all; I have searched but I can't find an answer for this question:
How do you (or can you) move apps to the external Micro SD card? (Samsung 256 card).
I am able to do it with a large numbers of apps on my LG V10 running 6.1 ( I own both phones).

Also a number of apps that worked with the SD card will not work on the V20.

Is this a new thing (or problem) with Nougat?
I have not read or heard much about it, or is it just me?

Thanks in advance,
Lateck,

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible that your SD card might have been formatted as Internal (Adoptable) Storage? I'm not sure if that's possible on the V20, since LG didn't implement Adoptable Storage on previous phones.

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Thank you B. D., no I do not believe that the card was formatted as internal.
I say that as I bought the card new and then dowloaded my photos and music via a Windows 10 laptop. (In fact I did not format the card at all, just used it).

Lateck,

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So if you go to Settings>Apps​ and select any of the apps there, you never see a Move to SD button?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Moving apps to SD isn't supported by all devices, so it sounds like that may be the case. I'll move this to the V20 forum, since you're more likely to get more specific traffic there to answer your question.

Bobby Sledge

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
I have moved Apps that can be moved to the MicroSD card on my v20. Your card needs to be formatted by the phone. I know it was formatted when you bought it, but the phone must format it and prep the card before use. Once you have done that, it will be available for use as storage.

Tap home key > Tools tools app icon > Settings settings app icon > General tab.
Tap Storage.
Tap SD card.
Tap storage options icon > Storage settings.
Tap Format > FORMAT.

All data on the microSD card is erased, and the card is formatted for use on your phone.

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I have moved Apps that can be moved to the MicroSD card on my v20. Your card needs to be formatted by the phone. I know it was formatted when you bought it, but the phone must format it and prep the card before use. Once you have done that, it will be available for use as storage.

Tap home key > Tools tools app icon > Settings settings app icon > General tab.
Tap Storage.
Tap SD card.
Tap storage options icon > Storage settings.
Tap Format > FORMAT.

All data on the microSD card is erased, and the card is formatted for use on your phone.

I never had to format mine. I just plugged it in and move to SD works fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1