Gonna pull the Trigger

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Okay I'm going to pull the trigger and get the V 20 now I need an extra battery and a couple of USB C cables and a case. I've got the case figured out but....What type of cable is a good reliable cable to buy and where would you purchase the extra battery from. In the past LG has given a free battery away with the purchase of a phone but I have not seen that as of yet.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
As for USB-C just buy name brand ones (if C to C). If you are getting an A to C cable just ensure it is "Benson approved" via the Amazon reviews. He usually is the first review and if he claims it is okay then I trust it.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Congrats.
There is a cable thread from the last day or so with recommendations. Battery packages are all over ebay and amazon now.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Okay I'm going to pull the trigger and get the V 20 now I need an extra battery and a couple of USB C cables and a case. I've got the case figured out but....What type of cable is a good reliable cable to buy and where would you purchase the extra battery from. In the past LG has given a free battery away with the purchase of a phone but I have not seen that as of yet.
Jax what are you using now that you're moving to the V20 from? I have an S7Edge and strongly thinking the same, pulling the V20 trigger. Helps that Tmobile has them in black.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
As for USB-C just buy name brand ones (if C to C). If you are getting an A to C cable just ensure it is "Benson approved" via the Amazon reviews. He usually is the first review and if he claims it is okay then I trust it.

Some of the C to C cables don't work with the phone even the name brand ones.

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I bought a Belkin cable...works great

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Jax what are you using now that you're moving to the V20 from? I have an S7Edge and strongly thinking the same, pulling the V20 trigger. Helps that Tmobile has them in black.

V10 love the phone only minor complaints causing me to switch

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
That is odd. Must be something with the V20? I use my Anker ones and such with various USB-C devices.

As an example the Nexus 5x made by LG has a C to C and doesn't work with the G5 or V20 even though its an LG phone and charger. I also had an Anker Charger that worked with the G5 and then stopped working after a Verizon update. The charger itself is not the problem. It is the cable because I bought an adaptor for the charger to convert it to USB A and then it works fine with an A to C cable.