V20 display brightness?

talon1189

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
I know that there are a lot of new users that formally were used to Amoled display screens. I keep my brightness on my V20 between 65-70%. Just curious what other V20 users set there brightness level at? :D

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I've only had mine about 11 hrs. Early a.m. in darker rooms its at 37%. I haven't checked outdoors yet

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I change lighting conditions quite a bit, so tried the auto brightness setting. I've never bothered with that in the past, but the V20 handles it quite well. It's rare that I have to fine tune it manually. If I'm using it at night or some place dark, I also have a screen filter app to dim it further than stock at zero.

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
is it brighter then the S7? When using my S7 on my friends drone controller to fly the Phantom 3 Pro, i find the contrast of the screen makes the low light and shadows too dark to see compared to the same video played back on a computer. makes it hard to fly the drone safely by screen alone. or getting the correct exposure for photos and videos.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I know that there are a lot of new users that formally were used to Amoled display screens. I keep my brightness on my V20 between 65-70%. Just curious what other V20 users set there brightness level at? :D
Someone posted display is similar to Apple retina. In my ATT store the I noticed the iPhone 7 plus is much brighter and sharper than V20. Even the G5 looks brighter. Yes I checked and all display phones are set on max brightness. I was surprised the G5 looked brighter and how much brighter the Apple is. I'm not sure I could use the V20 in bright sunlight.

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
That's unfortunate a high end phone doesn't have a bright display. I need a bright display for flying my friends drone. Hows it compare to the iPhone 6+? I used to have that.

bojo90

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I've had the V20 from the first day and the screen is very bright outside. I use auto settings for brightness and keep it around 60%. I'm thinking anyone saying it's not bright outside either didn't use it outside or didn't have the settings right. I also use high contrast theme and the high contrast setting in Accessibility/Vision. I'm coming from a Note 7, btw.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I also feel the brightness of the V20 display is very good. I typically have mine set to auto and 50% and it's plenty bright for me.

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I've had the V20 from the first day and the screen is very bright outside. I use auto settings for brightness and keep it around 60%. I'm thinking anyone saying it's not bright outside either didn't use it outside or didn't have the settings right. I also use high contrast theme and the high contrast setting in Accessibility/Vision. I'm coming from a Note 7, btw.

I agree. I'm not using the high contrast setting, but (as much as it pains me to say it) the screen on my V20 is so much easier to see when I'm outside than it is on my Note 4. I have the auto brightness setting enabled on both phones, and the difference is amazing.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I would go blind at 100%! This thing is super bright. I used the 100% for the outdoors the other day in direct sunlight, and it was great to actually be able to see the screen.

bojo90

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
The colors used in menus and apps changes in many cases to orange which does really pop against the black background. I don't think that orange is any different in itself. It's just the contrast between that and the black that i think looks so good.

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com
So after reading these comments, apparently I'm doing something wrong. When I had my Note 7, I left it on auto brightness which then learned how bright I like my screen for different ambient light settings and would adjust accordingly. With the V20, I can't adjust the brightness when it's set to auto. When I manually set it, then I can adjust accordingly, but if I set it back to auto, it goes back to whatever setting it thinks I would like...which is usually too dark for my liking. Is that normal behavior? After having the Note, this really irritates me.

Osahar 87

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
These reviews on youtube about the phone display brightness being to dim in the sun light, washout, ect are comical!! These Samsung fan boys are trolling deep lol!!

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I usually keep it at about 70%. I kick it up to 100% when in my photo gallery and some apps featuring pics and videos.