X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
cma71UH.gif

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Honestly I'm not sure on that one. This phone so far Ive noticed seems quicker than my previous Samsung too (S7 Edge).

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

That makes sense how you're still getting data then -- I get around -110 at my desk and still am able to stream HD for my shows. Sounds like the bars on the Sprint LG V20 have been programmed to be less forgiving so it displays no signal when there still is a decent one.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
That makes sense how you're still getting data then -- I get around -110 at my desk and still am able to stream HD for my shows. Sounds like the bars on the Sprint LG V20 have been programmed to be less forgiving so it displays no signal when there still is a decent one.
I meant - 100 dbm and I live in a rural area

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
The v20 has the best download and data speeds I have gotten on any phone. I don't know how it can very that much phone to phone but I think the previous best was near 57 down. Phone has been solid.

Attachments

• 6503.jpg
    6503.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 143

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The v20 has the best download and data speeds I have gotten on any phone. I don't know how it can very that much phone to phone but I think the previous best was near 57 down. Phone has been solid.
I told the pixel phone users this and they just have no words...they have terrible antennas etc

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Bandwidth and signal strength aren't the same thing. Plus the bars are not representative of anything as each company and often each phone uses different thresholds for the bars. You can have full bars and no speed/data because the network is throttled with traffic.

Do speed tests like the ones above, also use fast.com as fewer company's provide priority access possibly giving you a more realistic view of your experience on other sites.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Bandwidth and signal strength aren't the same thing. Plus the bars are not representative of anything as each company and often each phone uses different thresholds for the bars. You can have full bars and no speed/data because the network is throttled with traffic.

Do speed tests like the ones above, also use fast.com as fewer company's provide priority access possibly giving you a more realistic view of your experience on other sites.
Exactly. I always say use the dBm signal since bars never ever tell the truth since all phones calculate them differently.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Also as Jmarkey said above it depends on signal, bandwidth, the server you're connecting to, etc. An example is my home internet. On a good Speed Test server it can handle my actual connection speeds where as fast.com (Netflix speed test) can only give so much. They may host it farther away or just have a few more hops than the Speed Test server. There are TONS of factors when it comes to internet speed. Examples below of Speed Test VS. Fast.com for me on my home internet.

Attachments

• gigaspeed.png
    gigaspeed.png
    296 KB · Views: 32
  • fastgigaspeed.png
    fastgigaspeed.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 32

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz