LG v20 power+volume down button not working for screenshot

A

AC Question

For some reason when I hold the power button and the volume down button together, my LG v20 is not taking a screenshot. I've read everywhere that this is how it's supposed to be done, but my phone does not do it. Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted. Please help me Android Wizards.

Androidguru1983

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
For some reason when I hold the power button and the volume down button together, my LG v20 is not taking a screenshot. I've read everywhere that this is how it's supposed to be done, but my phone does not do it. Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted. Please help me Android Wizards.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I moved your thread to the V20 forum where it'll be easier getting feedback from other owners.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a shortcut for capture+ on the second screen which seems to be easier than using a button combo
I do this as well, but sometimes that may not be available, like if the Qslide window is up. I have used the power + volume down before, and it can be tricky to get the timing down.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
You can also add the capture+ shortcut in the second screen ot with your nav buttons at the bottom. But not sure why the power + volume down combo isn't working.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Odd.... Mine is perfect. Are you hitting midway by accident?

Ylva Ng

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site

I can't also. Did you manage to resolve it ¿

powruser

Dec 3, 2017
Visit site
The button combination works in most cases but WILL NOT while within certain apps or when playing games. Dont bother with the second screen shortcut as it is not available either. What I had to do was 1): Go to SETTINGS>DISPLAY>HOME TOUCH BUTTONS>BUTTON COMBINATION. Then drag the "CAPTURE" button (looks like a pen inside of the border box) up to add it to the normal 3 HOME TOUCH BUTTONS which will now give you 4 buttons available. Now you will be able to access this button quick by flicking once from screen edge EVEN IN LANDCAPE (ROTATED) MODE AND WHEN IN APP/GAME. 2): THEN, if you want the Home Screen Buttons always available when using a specific app/game, from SETTINGS>DISPLAY>HOME TOUCH BUTTONS>HIDE HOME TOUCH BUTTONS, select the specific apps that you want your home touch buttons always visible in while using and unhide them individually from the list shown. The the HOME TOUCH BUTTONS (INCLUDING YOUR NEWLY ADDED SCREEN CAPTURE BUTTON) will now always be shown WITHOUT NEED TO FLICK THE SCREEN FROM THE EDGE. Hope this eases your frustration!

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Might be something wrong with your software. But alternatively you can press the capture+ button from the drop-down notification shortcut.
Screenshot_2017-12-03-21-56-48.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech