For some reason when I hold the power button and the volume down button together, my LG v20 is not taking a screenshot. I've read everywhere that this is how it's supposed to be done, but my phone does not do it. Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted. Please help me Android Wizards.
    Mbun2 likes this.
    11-02-2016 10:03 AM
    For some reason when I hold the power button and the volume down button together, my LG v20 is not taking a screenshot. I've read everywhere that this is how it's supposed to be done, but my phone does not do it. Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted. Please help me Android Wizards.
    11-02-2016 10:07 AM
    Welcome to the forums. I moved your thread to the V20 forum where it'll be easier getting feedback from other owners.
    11-02-2016 10:13 AM
    Ive added a screenshot shortcut down by the home button to take a screenshot
    11-02-2016 10:33 AM
    If you are in the settings I believe that you can modify your combination
    11-02-2016 10:51 AM
    I have a shortcut for capture+ on the second screen which seems to be easier than using a button combo
    tadpoles likes this.
    11-02-2016 11:08 AM
    I have a shortcut for capture+ on the second screen which seems to be easier than using a button combo
    I do this as well, but sometimes that may not be available, like if the Qslide window is up. I have used the power + volume down before, and it can be tricky to get the timing down.
    Jona005 likes this.
    11-02-2016 11:17 AM
    You can also add the capture+ shortcut in the second screen ot with your nav buttons at the bottom. But not sure why the power + volume down combo isn't working.
    11-02-2016 11:56 AM
    Odd.... Mine is perfect. Are you hitting midway by accident?
    11-02-2016 02:16 PM
    It works better when you hit the power button a split second before the volume down button.
    11-02-2016 03:08 PM
    It works better when you hit the power button a split second before the volume down button.
    You don't have one anymore....lol
    11-02-2016 03:18 PM
    ??
    11-02-2016 04:51 PM
    ??
    He returned it
    11-02-2016 05:57 PM
    What does that have to do with me answering questions?

Seriously, don't be that guy.
    11-02-2016 06:09 PM
    I can't also. Did you manage to resolve it ¿
    11-12-2016 06:40 AM
    I can't also. Did you manage to resolve it ¿
    Worked fine for me but prefer the capture+ shortcut method! 😉
    carme4 likes this.
    11-13-2016 08:01 AM
    It worked in vzw store demo.
    11-13-2016 12:31 PM
    The button combination works in most cases but WILL NOT while within certain apps or when playing games. Dont bother with the second screen shortcut as it is not available either. What I had to do was 1): Go to SETTINGS>DISPLAY>HOME TOUCH BUTTONS>BUTTON COMBINATION. Then drag the "CAPTURE" button (looks like a pen inside of the border box) up to add it to the normal 3 HOME TOUCH BUTTONS which will now give you 4 buttons available. Now you will be able to access this button quick by flicking once from screen edge EVEN IN LANDCAPE (ROTATED) MODE AND WHEN IN APP/GAME. 2): THEN, if you want the Home Screen Buttons always available when using a specific app/game, from SETTINGS>DISPLAY>HOME TOUCH BUTTONS>HIDE HOME TOUCH BUTTONS, select the specific apps that you want your home touch buttons always visible in while using and unhide them individually from the list shown. The the HOME TOUCH BUTTONS (INCLUDING YOUR NEWLY ADDED SCREEN CAPTURE BUTTON) will now always be shown WITHOUT NEED TO FLICK THE SCREEN FROM THE EDGE. Hope this eases your frustration!
    GSDer likes this.
    12-03-2017 12:26 PM
    Might be something wrong with your software. But alternatively you can press the capture+ button from the drop-down notification shortcut.
    LG v20 power+volume down button not working for screenshot-screenshot_2017-12-03-21-56-48.jpg
    12-04-2017 01:00 AM
    Might be something wrong with your software. But alternatively you can press the capture+ button from the drop-down notification shortcut.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2017-12-03-21-56-48.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	109.3 KB 
ID:	275047
    Mine works just fine! Try restarting your phone!
    12-05-2017 10:26 PM
    The button combination works in most cases but WILL NOT while within certain apps or when playing games. Dont bother with the second screen shortcut as it is not available either. What I had to do was 1): Go to SETTINGS>DISPLAY>HOME TOUCH BUTTONS>BUTTON COMBINATION. Then drag the "CAPTURE" button (looks like a pen inside of the border box) up to add it to the normal 3 HOME TOUCH BUTTONS which will now give you 4 buttons available. Now you will be able to access this button quick by flicking once from screen edge EVEN IN LANDCAPE (ROTATED) MODE AND WHEN IN APP/GAME. 2): THEN, if you want the Home Screen Buttons always available when using a specific app/game, from SETTINGS>DISPLAY>HOME TOUCH BUTTONS>HIDE HOME TOUCH BUTTONS, select the specific apps that you want your home touch buttons always visible in while using and unhide them individually from the list shown. The the HOME TOUCH BUTTONS (INCLUDING YOUR NEWLY ADDED SCREEN CAPTURE BUTTON) will now always be shown WITHOUT NEED TO FLICK THE SCREEN FROM THE EDGE. Hope this eases your frustration!
    I tottally agree with this one /\/\/\ its truely the way to go no lie.
    I found out when my phone was connected to the YouTubeRed in my room when i was in the kitchen trying to take a screenshot of some thing on a totally different page it wouldnt work I tried everything on this form before this but then didnt have tk go qny farther after this one thanks dude!!!!
    06-04-2018 01:14 AM
    I tottally agree with this one /\/\/\ its truely the way to go no lie.
    I found out when my phone was connected to the YouTubeRed in my room when i was in the kitchen trying to take a screenshot of some thing on a totally different page it wouldnt work I tried everything on this form before this but then didnt have tk go qny farther after this one thanks dude!!!!
    I think that's true, some apps RESTRICT you from screen shooting due to copyright.. I think I've only encountered that once or something. Or you're not doing it right, there's a specific way of pressing the button in correct order.. some carriers like Verizon heavily modify the phone so that could be a reason too.
    06-10-2018 01:47 PM
    My power+volume combo stopped working on my Moto G5+. It used to, but I went to do it yesterday & it didn't work. I can't figure out how to add or change shortcuts to use a different button.
    07-09-2018 11:55 AM
    This happens to me sometimes. A reboot usually fixes it for a while.
    07-15-2018 12:43 AM