The lg v20 is a great alternative

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I still have my n7 and the v20. Im ok with the v20 but n7 is to the phone world what MewTwo is to Pokemon lol. I miss the screen on n7 so bad. The v20 seems so boring and dull.
Boring and dull you say? That's an interesting, if not unique perspective. Just because the V20 is not recalled and thought to a fire hazard by its OEM and the gov't makes it boring and dull? Or is it something else?

BigRalphN

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Who gives a s$&(t about about how SEXY a phone that will spend 90% of the time in a pocket or a purse? It should be about functionality. The second screen can be disabled if you don't like it though it looks sort of weird with it off. I also doubt random people will come up to you because of how your phone looks. When the edge series first came out it might draw a comment. I personally think it's gimmicky and weird looking but if that's wish you like them all is cool. I think people probably come up to speak to you because you are cute or pleasant. But it's all Apples and Oranges. All of these phones are nice. It's all in what you want. If looks are important that is cool. If you like great audio, that is cool too.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I had a ton of folks approach me to chit chat when I had my Note 7 which was in Blue Coral so it was a beauty.

My V20 doesn't get anywhere near the same recognition as my Note though a few had commented about it.

I honestly have yet to see anyone else with one !?!?

I had a ton of folks back away from me when they saw my Note 7....... On a serious note (no pun intended), I'm considering the V20. I had the V10 and loved it initially, but battery life was poor and performance went downhill pretty fast even after FDRs. I liked the Note 7 for the extra features, but I had the same stupid problems that I've always had with Samsung.

The word I'm getting on the V20 is that most of the things that bothered me about the 10 are addressed. Might be time to give it a shot.....

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I had a ton of folks back away from me when they saw my Note 7....... On a serious note (no pun intended), I'm considering the V20. I had the V10 and loved it initially, but battery life was poor and performance went downhill pretty fast even after FDRs. I liked the Note 7 for the extra features, but I had the same stupid problems that I've always had with Samsung.

The word I'm getting on the V20 is that most of the things that bothered me about the 10 are addressed. Might be time to give it a shot.....

I traded my V10 because of the poor battery. The v20 has been pretty solid for battery life thus far. It feels pretty similar to the note 7 for me at least.

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
The one and only area where battery life isn't so great is in poor signal areas, I've noticed its been draining the battery on one quite a bit. But days like yesterday, phone was off the charger at 8am and had minimal SOT use, mostly Spotify (library downloaded so I'm sure not using cellular data helped) and by 4pm when I got to practice it was still between 70-75 percent. Doze mode on nougat kicks *** IMO.

It's a pretty good phone, as of now I'm not sold on it being a great phone. The DAC didn't impress me much for some reason the first evening but the more I listen to music through headphones it's awesome. Even Bluetooth audio is better than my N7. Camera, eh... It's good, but IMO still not as good. Close though. Worthwhile alternative? Yeah, and again it's a good phone. But whether it's a good alternative for someone considering it is entirely subjective to them I guess

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the opposite side of this hehe. I do like the phone, but I don't love it. For ME, the sensor in the back is not ideal. I need it on the front. Yes, I prefer the flat screen to the curved one in terms of usability, but man, do I miss the sexiness of the curved glass! The LG is not a looker. It's nicely made, but it won't turn heads the way the Note or S7 Edge did. Removable battery is meh for me...both phones got me through a day on a single charge and fast charging took care of those rare occasions when it didn't. And when you compare LG's functions with Samsung's, the phone just feels too simple. First world problems, huh? hehe. As for the second screen... really? You find that cool? I found it even more useless than the edge things. At least the edges I could disable...this? This is just always there to remind you of the CRAPPY AOD implementation that LG went for.

Also, things that keep me from loving this phone:
-Physical Buttons. Yes, I know, I'm probably in the minority on this now, but I lik'em there. I need an actual button that's not eating screen real estate or don't need me to swipe up to be shown.
-No waterproofing.
-No notification LED.
-Backplate button on the side. Too easy to pop it out by accident without a case.

We have exactly the same "dislikes" I love small bezels with capacitive buttons. I really prefer multicolor led notifications to second screen notifications. I hate back buttons of any kind. I often use phones in stands so back buttons are inaccessible

BTW... why don't all phones have front facing stereo speakers?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo