11-05-2016 09:59 PM
    ESPECIALLY the removable battery.
    11-05-2016 10:00 PM
    That reviewer knew he would get roasted for that terrible review and closed the comment section.
    11-05-2016 10:08 PM
    Why don't these reviewers realize that the removable battery will also save you when the battery starts failing, sometimes right after the warranty expires? Even if it doesn't fail, it becomes harder to keep a charge. The ability to swap your battery can save you money, hassle, & time.
    TheMarcus and frifred like this.
    11-05-2016 10:20 PM
    Why don't these reviewers realize that the removable battery will also save you when the battery starts failing, sometimes right after the warranty expires? Even if it doesn't fail, it becomes harder to keep a charge. The ability to swap your battery can save you money, hassle, & time.
    It probably doesn't matter to the crowd that replaces their phone more often than their batteries go bad
    11-05-2016 10:21 PM
    That reviewer knew he would get roasted for that terrible review and closed the comment section.
    LOL!!!!
    11-05-2016 10:29 PM
    I think most reviewers forget who the average person is buying a phone. Those people are probably going to keep a phone for 2 or 3 years. My wife has had the iphone 6 plus since it came out and will keep using it until it stops. For her needs it does everything she needs. They seem to do reviews for the people who are phone geeks who will have 5 or 6 phones a year.
    11-05-2016 10:32 PM
    I'm on Verizon, so there's no jump plan. My Note 4 battery started discharging quickly about 3 weeks after the warranty. I changed it (removable battery) & it was like having a new phone. My husband's S6 started going just as the warranty was about to run out...

Then I went through two Note 7 recalls for battery issues.... I love that this phone has a removable battery.
    11-05-2016 10:36 PM
    Droid Razr, Non-removable battery shorted out internally and had to warranty the entire phone.

First HTC M8, USB port wore out prematurely. Warrantied phone. Second M8 had the same problem, but outside of warranty. Non-removable battery prevented the option of using a charging cradle and pushed me into upgrading before I was really ready.

Note 7, which we all know about that non-removable battery fiasco.

Every phone I've had experience with that used a non-removable battery has had defect issues, or contributed to another problem (the M8's). So you can probably guess my opinion on them. For me, it's not just about being able to "recharge to 100% in seconds."
    jdfry15 and thunder18 like this.
    11-06-2016 07:38 AM
    I really like that LG is keeping the replaceable batteries and using that to set themselves apart. In reality I don't keep my phones for even a year but I just like the peace of mind of a removable battery on Android phones. On Android phones the battery life can be shortish, requiring you to charge them more often...eating through the charge cycles. At least that's what floats around in my brain. I like knowing that IF the battery ever goes bad I could replace it even though in reality I prolly won't have the phone that long.

I now have a 2nd battery for this here V10 and, who knows, I may actually use it one day.
    NJ Fred likes this.
    11-06-2016 07:55 AM
    Reviewers should avoid talking about whether design is pretty. OTOH I thought his review of the camera was fair. We probably are a niche group for preferring smaller removable battery to bigger built in battery. I know I am in a niche group because the ir blaster is a big deal to me.
    11-08-2016 01:54 PM
    Reviewers should avoid talking about whether design is pretty. OTOH I thought his review of the camera was fair. We probably are a niche group for preferring smaller removable battery to bigger built in battery. I know I am in a niche group because the ir blaster is a big deal to me.
    Reviews are opinions of the person reviewing them so it makes sense they comment on designs.
    11-08-2016 01:57 PM
    It makes sense to comment if removable back falls off easily or isn't flush with plastic. Saying it is dull looking because it is plain is entirely subjective. I like plain. I hate busy.
    gregg6942 likes this.
    11-08-2016 02:02 PM
    I now have a 2nd battery for this here V10 and, who knows, I may actually use it one day.
    And when you do use it you'll be glad you had it when you didn't need it rather than needing it and not having it!
    tadpoles likes this.
    11-08-2016 02:04 PM
    And when you do use it you'll be glad you had it when you didn't need it rather than needing it and not having it!
    Yep. Having a spare battery handy is just amazing. Zero to 100 in seconds, one of the most overlooked features of this phone.
    recDNA likes this.
    11-08-2016 08:16 PM