Camera video help

brewsbro

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes, another camera question. I've tried all I can think of, but my low light videos are terrible. Pictures are not so hot either. In low light so many things come out ghostly white. In auto and manual. Hopefully the capture I attached shows it. In another video of my son's band, taken from seating area, all 5 members are completely white. In auto and manual. I would at least think auto would be somewhat decent?

Attachments

• 6950.jpg
    6950.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 18

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The metering in what you attached is on a black object (the vest), so white objects get washed out due to overexposure. It's not a V20 issue,it's a photography issue - if you use spot metering, you have to be careful what you choose to meter. In that picture, the drummer's shirt or the red curtain might have been a better choice. Or select average metering, so the average light level of the entire scene is being considered.. (A film camera would have the same problem using spot metering on a scene that has a lot of black and a lot of white.)

brewsbro

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
The metering in what you attached is on a black object (the vest), so white objects get washed out due to overexposure. It's not a V20 issue,it's a photography issue - if you use spot metering, you have to be careful what you choose to meter. In that picture, the drummer's shirt or the red curtain might have been a better choice. Or select average metering, so the average light level of the entire scene is being considered.. (A film camera would have the same problem using spot metering on a scene that has a lot of black and a lot of white.)

Thank you for the reply. I wish I could post the video i took from seats. I just used auto and the band members are super white. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae