12-20-2016 02:21 PM
90 123 ...
tools
    So. Many. Expletives. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Naked. Zero protection. Not it's first fall, but obviously it's worst. I was walking my dogs, headphones plugged in, phone in the pocket of my joggers. A bush inevitably caught the headphones cord and pulled it out of my pocket, and it slammed onto the sidewalk and absolutely obliterated the outer glass.

Was just "test driving" the device, wasn't 100% sold on it. But it looks like it's going to be my daily driver now (not that any other phone sparked my interest) Does anyone have a resource for a replacement yet???? I've been searching but haven't seen anything at all, just the G5....

😢 😭😭😭😭
    Attached Thumbnails It happened. The camera. :(-22892.jpg  
    11-08-2016 10:24 PM
    11-08-2016 10:29 PM
    Ouch!!!
    11-08-2016 11:14 PM
    Bummer, keep us posted on your fix for this.
    11-08-2016 11:26 PM
    is that plastic film still over the camera glass?Not that it would help much just wondering.
    11-08-2016 11:41 PM
    I'm sorry for your loss. My condolences.
    jacker likes this.
    11-09-2016 12:28 AM
    That sucks .
    11-09-2016 12:31 AM
    Damn!!!! not sure if you wanted to wait for extra parts that long. There isn't any ETA.
    11-09-2016 12:39 AM
    Kind of don't have any option but to wait. Opted out of protection thinking "it won't happen to me and I might only keep it 14 days" but now I wish I had I guess. I removed the plastic film on the glass but honestly there's no doubt in my mind that this particular impact would have not cracked the glass had a thin plastic film been left on.

I'll probably power it down and let it sit in the box until a fix is out. If it's anything like the G5, it looks easy as hell to do. I'll keep using my N7 for the time being. It's on WiFi only, no SIM and I'm just double checking that all packages for updates are indeed disabled to not cripple my battery usage. Hopefully it's not long before the glass replacement comes out...
    sswitzer likes this.
    11-09-2016 01:44 AM
    I just checked eBay to see if there was replacement camera glass out yet and i didn't see anything. So sorry.

How about other damage? Front glass, outer case?
    11-09-2016 01:53 AM
    I just checked eBay to see if there was replacement camera glass out yet and i didn't see anything. So sorry.

How about other damage? Front glass, outer case?
    Nothing other than the rear camera glass. I did find a tiny knick on the corner of the top right corner of the glass/aluminum but that's it. It honestly was a pretty significant drop, but that's all that happened. Battery cover didn't pop off or even budge a millimeter. Apparently it's just that the rear camera glass is vulnerable and doesn't pass this military spec drop rating 💩
    11-09-2016 02:44 AM
    Nothing other than the rear camera glass. I did find a tiny knick on the corner of the top right corner of the glass/aluminum but that's it. It honestly was a pretty significant drop, but that's all that happened. Battery cover didn't pop off or even budge a millimeter. Apparently it's just that the rear camera glass is vulnerable and doesn't pass this military spec drop rating 💩
    That's why I decided to case mine....no guarantee but extra protection
    silverfang77 and GrooveRite like this.
    11-09-2016 07:20 AM
    Have you tried tking a picture with it, yet?
    11-09-2016 07:49 AM
    I didn't drop mine and only had it 2 days and it did this. I'm waiting on replacement parts too and still arguing with LG that this there is a flaw in the material. The glass is too thin and the slightest pressure can cause the cracks. I had to remove most of the shattered part from around my one camera because the tiny, tiny pieces that are coming off looked like and and I was afraid they would get down into the camera and cause more problems. I have called LG, T-Mobile and thought they were going to just replace it but now they are getting a lot of calls with the same issue so I think they don't want to cover it now but there is a repair shop here that is very good about fixing them and has my number and will call as soon as the part is available and is not expensive to fix, around $50....he was guessing and said it's very easy to do so that's what I'm waiting on . Another thing you mentioned is that you didn't get the coverage either and just to let you know they do not cover physical damage and want you to pay the $175 deductible to fix it. Even if you did have the coverage they don't even have a part number so they can't fix it yet either...... Mine is going in a drawer too until I can get it done. It would be very stupid to pay $175 for a $50 fix. I can wait but I have no choice at this point.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    11-09-2016 08:14 AM
    Terrible news . keep us posted on repair.
    11-09-2016 08:56 AM
    So lg is charging $175 or Tmobile? damn. You might wanna try fixing yourself. Looks very similar to the LG G5 fix. videos show its very easy to fix and the part for the G5 is only like $7. Good luck so sad
    sswitzer likes this.
    11-09-2016 09:13 AM
    Oh Snap
    11-09-2016 09:15 AM
    There is definitely an issue with that lens. You would think the front would crack before that. I baby mine and I'm still worried. Always checking it. Ugh
    11-09-2016 09:44 AM
    be funny once online retailer sell a better glass for the camera that they get rich from ppl just changing it before it even break
    11-09-2016 09:49 AM
    I removed the plastic film on the glass but honestly there's no doubt in my mind that this particular impact would have not cracked the glass had a thin plastic film been left on.
    so you removed the plastic film specifically covering the lens? why?

or did you mean the plastic film covering the entire back (and front) of the phone? there's 3 separate pieces.
    11-09-2016 09:58 AM
    NOOOOOOO, OP, I am so sorry! Please keep us updated on what happens next!
    11-09-2016 10:42 AM
    There is definitely an issue with that lens. You would think the front would crack before that. I baby mine and I'm still worried. Always checking it. Ugh
    Front vs back breakage would depend on how it lands.
    11-09-2016 10:54 AM
    It looks incredibly easy to replace with the G5, so I'm hoping this phone is just the same. Pictures honestly don't seem to show the crack unless there's light coming directly in towards the camera, then the cracks are noticeable. I'll have to upload some pictures.
    While searching for a replacement lens last night I did come across tempered glass protectors, they were like little circular dots that basically reinforced the glass if anything. A quick amazon search should bring them up

so you removed the plastic film specifically covering the lens? why?

or did you mean the plastic film covering the entire back (and front) of the phone? there's 3 separate pieces.
    The small piece of plastic film that covered the glass that broke, that's what I removed. Why did I remove it? I don't see a tiny, less than 1mm thick sticker keeping the glass from cracking.
    11-09-2016 11:37 AM
    OUCH!
    This is why I bought my S7 Edge a Case the very same time I was picking it up at the store, its been in it from the moment I began using it.

I hope you are able to get the parts ASAP, the thought of that awesome phone just sitting gathering dust is a sad one.

Why did LG have to use such a setup with an elongated piece of thin glass though? They were begging for issues.
    tadpoles likes this.
    11-09-2016 12:12 PM
    Any protruding camera lens when camera off is a serious design flaw shared by several great phones in pursuit of a silly goal to make phones thinner than thin. Make it a little thicker and you can fit in a bigger battery and make it easier to hold!
    tadpoles and Morty2264 like this.
    11-09-2016 12:34 PM
90 123 ...