09-16-2017 02:02 PM
85 ... 234
tools
    I drive for Uber and I just started using this phone because I switched back to it. I am not sure if it's phone related yet, or just Google Maps. However, just about every pickup last night was way off. I did a network reset and we will see today how it goes. Does anything think those magnetic dash mounts would mess with it? I had no issues with Samsung or Apple phones.

It almost seems like LG botched the antennas in this phone.
    Depends on where you are driving. Certain urban areas with tall buildings and other objects tend to obscure or deflect GPS signals. It does that even with dedicated GPS.
    09-12-2017 04:21 PM
    Does anything think those magnetic dash mounts would mess with it? I had no issues with Samsung or Apple phones.
    It depends on antenna placement. If the stick-on bit of metal that holds the magnet is covering up a critical antenna then the metal might cause interference and poor performance.

The magnet itself is probably not really causing any problems, but you never know until you test - you could try keeping the phone away from the magnet for a bit and see if that helps, then remove the metal disc and see if that helps.
    09-13-2017 07:46 AM
    It depends on antenna placement. If the stick-on bit of metal that holds the magnet is covering up a critical antenna then the metal might cause interference and poor performance.

The magnet itself is probably not really causing any problems, but you never know until you test - you could try keeping the phone away from the magnet for a bit and see if that helps, then remove the metal disc and see if that helps.
    Magnetic dash mount does not impede performance that I have observed.
    09-13-2017 09:52 AM
    I have the same issue since update. I've tied everything. my phone is out to LG right now being flashed back to original release before any updates. I hope it works. I love this phone!
    09-16-2017 09:13 AM
    It's funny you mentioned this,I just upgraded to the lg v20, I'm on att as well and have been noticing if I have 2 bars I'm doing good but when I had samsung phones in the same area will be full strength. I been searching for a post about this but this is the only one I found.I believe their is some issue on att and this phone.You are not alone.Other than that have had no problems
    Not just on AT&T. I'm on Verizon. as I mentioned in a reply to other post my phone is being reflashed to original at LG right now
    09-16-2017 09:17 AM
    I'm on T-Mobile. I just got the phone Friday night, and I've noticed the last two days I've gotten cut off while driving home around the same area both times. I haven't encountered a cell 'dead spot' in my town since the mid 2000's. It could be coincidence, but it makes me wonder lol
    not a coincidence. I've found same thing. most people won't notice but in marginal areas where other phones work this comes up with no signal after call is disconnected
    09-16-2017 09:20 AM
    Has anyone else had any signal issues with the LG V20? I have been on AT&T for a long time and had MANY phones even quite a few recently and never had an issue. Since upgrading to the V20 I no longer can connect at all while at work. I rely on my phone for the camera and email functions at work but this is pretty much a paperweight while there. I have noticed this while out at a few restaurants also. I love this phone but obviously I need one I can use. I know its not the location because I have never had an issue in these places before. Just trying to find out if it is the V20 in general or if maybe it is just an issue with my device and need to exchange it. Thanks in advance for any feedback anyone can give me.
    I have the same issue since update. I've tied everything. my phone is out to LG right now being flashed back to original release before any updates. I hope it works. I love this phone!
    09-16-2017 09:22 AM
    Omg, I'm sorry but I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one having issues. I'm on Verizon and I am now on my 5th warranty LG V20. Nothing that Verizon has done helps anything. I keep dropping calls, everyone thinks I'm hanging up on them. Ugh.

The insurance/warranty has told me that they don't think sending me another phone is going to solve the problem, seriously it took them 5 phones to reach this conclusion. Verizon said there's nothing else they can do that the problem is my device. I'm stuck in the middle with a phone that doesn't work. I have to get this resolved.
    Verizon gave me a a loaner phone while mines at LG being reflashed to original release. I got this phone when it first came out and never had problems till the update. I went through 3 replacement phones too
    09-16-2017 09:36 AM
    Hi all. I've been following this closely as I bought an unlocked Verizon phone and I'm using it in Canada. I love this phone, but I don't want to deal with the poor signal issue that everyone else is having.

On my verizon phone, since they locked it down so much, I have no way to change the band. If anyone know how, it would be much appreciated.

But I decided to tear apart my phone, just to look around. I played around with the tin foil trick. (Using foil to boost the signal) Yesterday, I had a call come in and I had to go outside to finish the conversation. Today, I took the top "cap" off of my V20 and took a thick piece of tin foil and put it on some of the connectors and waited. Surprisingly, on one set of them, I was able to get an extra bar (2 bars) and was able to make a phone call with no issues. I looked inside the cap and noticed something interesting: where all the other contacts on the mainboard of the phone make contact with the cap, there is a metal contact in the cap. The contact where I put the tin foil, it's just plastic in the cap with no metal contact.

Being in a basement apartment, I don't expect 5 bars, but the fact I could get an extra bar with a piece of tin foil was very interesting. Would anyone have any insight as to the physical components of the phone?

Edit: I should also mention, when playing around with the tin foil, sometimes it would shoot up to full bars, then go back down to one.
    did you take a pic of this? where you put tin foil? I've asked about modifying the antenna but from what I understand it's part of the charging port
    09-16-2017 10:12 AM
    If you haven't tried it already, turn off wifi calling. It makes a HUGE difference in call quality without it on. If you need it, you can always go back and turn it on.

Try it.

David
    09-16-2017 02:02 PM
85 ... 234