for this that use "OK GOOGLE" on your V20

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Do you find that sometimes it works and sometimes it does not? Some times you get the voice reply and other times it is silent. Sometimes if I say "text [insert contact name]" it will go to that person to text and then won't recognize voice to add text in the message body.

Anybody have these issues and know a fix? Thank you

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I have had a couple issues with that. A few times I issued an "OK Google" command but instead of executing the command as usual, it went to the Google search screen and prompted me to tap. I was trying to identify a song playing. I thought the song volume may be interfering with my voice detection but lowering the volume didn't help. Curious since most times it works.

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Same here.... Very Inconsistent. I was happy when I saw that you can use OK Google when phone is locked, but if it works like this then that's disappointing.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if it's a bug on the V20 that Google needs to update with the app. On my note 7 and Pixel I am able to call out and have it respond everytime.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Do you find that sometimes it works and sometimes it does not? Some times you get the voice reply and other times it is silent. Sometimes if I say "text [insert contact name]" it will go to that person to text and then won't recognize voice to add text in the message body.

Anybody have these issues and know a fix? Thank you

My Pixel phone made by Google does it too. Prob something to do with doze.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My Pixel phone made by Google does it too. Prob something to do with doze.

Does it? Do you have it set to unlock? I can call out to my phone anytime and it wakes up and goes. I use it often when charging and I am being lazy on getting up to reach the phone :D.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Does it? Do you have it set to unlock? I can call out to my phone anytime and it wakes up and goes. I use it often when charging and I am being lazy on getting up to reach the phone :D.

How do you do that? Mine only works from the screen on.

Edit...I found it.

What other options do you use?

I see you can unlock phone with sound of your voice is one example

bluesboy77

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with "Ok Google" it has worked for me every time so far. I've used it so send texts, make phone calls and get directions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX