what browser are you guys using?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I just started using UC Browser and am really liking it. It's fast has adblock and reflows the text when you zoom (I've not seen any other do that). It also has some nice themes.
Chrome use to reflow text, until Google decided we didn't need it and instead tries to push the web developers into making pages mobile friendly. Chrome does now have a function to take a web page and sometimes make it pseudo mobile friendly. It does make the text more readable, but also messes with any images on the page.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Adguard has an app in the playstore called "Adguard Content Blocker" that is, in fact, used as an ad blocker for supported 3rd party browsers like the native Samsung browser as well as Yandex.

You can also download the Adguard VPN client app from their website:

https://adguard.com/en/adguard-android/install.html

This is a local VPN that blocks adds from any browser and most other apps. I've been using it with Chrome for months (maybe years) with no problem.

T

Seems like it uses a LOT of battery.

omegafiler

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Chrome. It's the best browser I've used on mobile and doesn't seem to drain the battery on the LG V20 like it does on my Samsung devices. On those, I tend to gravitate towards Firefox. It's a good browser as well, I just use Chrome more often and in more places.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I don't have a V20, but I'm mostly using Brave. I've always hated Chrome on Android (odd I know), but it seems really slow to me.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Chrome use to reflow text, until Google decided we didn't need it and instead tries to push the web developers into making pages mobile friendly. Chrome does now have a function to take a web page and sometimes make it pseudo mobile friendly. It does make the text more readable, but also messes with any images on the page.

Yes chrome does have a mobile friendly reader feature...its just not enabled....

You should google search mobile reader friendly mode for the chrome browser...there is a way to enable it permanently as well so the option pops up each time...it even reflows the text when you make it larger...all chrome needs now is a night mode

I attached how it should appear once enabled...
f4b13d27db0fe9ca484323d654e83fe2.jpg

7ad770af1c1f9e41b5459a2ce077ed34.jpg

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Seems like it uses a LOT of battery.

Not really. Because all network activity is routed through the local VPN, it shows all the resources used for that network activity as being used by Adguard. There is an equal drop in battery usage from the various apps that the network access would normally show up under.

Bad explanation, I know, but hopefully not too muddled.

ohnanaotter

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
Chrome as its just default in my brain. But I have tried Opera mini as it started getting features like data saving and ad blocking that did not require installing an ad blocker. Not sure if anyone else has tried Opera. Not an outstanding browser but they do pop up in the news quite a bit (for browsers at least).

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Chrome. It's the best browser I've used on mobile and doesn't seem to drain the battery on the LG V20 like it does on my Samsung devices. On those, I tend to gravitate towards Firefox. It's a good browser as well, I just use Chrome more often and in more places.
Lol love your icon

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Chrome as its just default in my brain. But I have tried Opera mini as it started getting features like data saving and ad blocking that did not require installing an ad blocker. Not sure if anyone else has tried Opera. Not an outstanding browser but they do pop up in the news quite a bit (for browsers at least).
I have. It actually used a bit of battery.