Anyone trust the Corning Gorilla Glass 4 on the V20?

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't used one in about 4 yrs. I'm done with them. They r annoying to me. A solid case is enough for me. Tmobile CSR tried to get me to buy one. N kept insisting. Finally I asked her what type of screen is the V20 made of? She just stared at me. Bye girl....lol.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't think they are as needed as before, and rocked my G4 without one to no issue. The Verizon V20 came with a plain clear protector film for shipping protection, and I have left that on. Can barely tell it's there and my finger glides as smooth over it as glass. I think they should make more screen protectors out of this stuff, because it seems a good compromise of scratch protection, feel, and flexibility for curved screens.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
If my phone isn't in a wallet case, I use one. My V10 got scratched putting it in my shirt pocket. My badge clip must have scratched it.

Kuttermax

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
I put a Spigen Crystal Shell on mine and for now just applied on of the liquid screen protectors on the screen. Loving the look and handling of the phone.

I initially put a hard screen protector on, but hated it since it didn't handle the curved edges well. I did order some new screen protectors that apparently work better, including a soft one and a hard one, but for now may go without.

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I typically use one unless my phone is in a folio case. I've left the one the V20 came with on for now; it's completely unobtrusive.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Lots of people don't use screen protection. I'm never one of them as even a monor blemish would bother me. Not worth the chance.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I prefer to use a tempered glass screen protector. My V20 already scratched. I had no screen protector on my note edge only cause of the curved screen but this is also why I only get flat screen phones now. So I can protect them.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I haven't yet. I haven't found one I like, the few I tried looked hideous. I'm going without one for now. I do have a tudia case on it though.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Buck naked and still beautiful front and back
Naked here as well.

I'm actually more confident placing the V20 face down with the gorilla glass than I am facing it down on it's back.

The slight protrusion of the camera lens and the issues some have had with it cracking has changed my habit of placing the phone face up??

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Bottom line is, if you don't want to put a screen protector on this phone, you are ok with the screen getting scratched.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid