May 29, 2014
Visit site
So coming from a Note 7, I got really used to the great caller ID that it had. It would tell me who was calling (like Toyota or a flooring store we were working with) even if the number wasn't in your contacts.

It also had a super nice crowd source type telemarketer flagging option that would warn you when others had flagged a number as a telemarketer.

Has anyone seen any kind of caller ID in the V20? If a number isn't in my contacts it seems like all I get is the number. Or is anyone using an alternate app?

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
My Note 7 didn't on AT&T(natively) I've only ever seen this done on a nexus(or Pixel) with the native dialer.
What carrier were you on?

I agree. But the dialer included with the Note 7 had all that functionality and it doesn't seem like V20 has anything like that.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
T-Mobile had a paid service that used Hiya, which I believe you can download and use for free from the Play Store.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
sprint offers a 14 day caller id trial it automatically activates with the voicemail. eventually it goes away, but you can continue to get it at a paid price

BigRalphN

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Verizon has an offer as well but I repeat that "Should I answer" was my best find ever. It almost always tells me correctly if spam calls arrive and even has a hang up feature that works. That was a root only feature in the past.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I have the Verizon service, which I think is $2 a month or something, but I'll give this Should I Answer app a try.

skinnytoo2

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has Caller ID, but these apps worry me. I have used a trucaller and sync.me but heard they upload all of your contacts and your own info and adds it all to their database. So I immediately uninstalled. Does anyone know if Verizon Caller ID or Hiya upload your info and contacts?

BigRalphN

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Verizon has Caller ID, but these apps worry me. I have used a trucaller and sync.me but heard they upload all of your contacts and your own info and adds it all to their database. So I immediately uninstalled. Does anyone know if Verizon Caller ID or Hiya upload your info and contacts?
I do not know. That would be hard to judge since every app like those needs contact permission to work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781