Is my battery life abnormal?

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
So I knew my battery life would be worse than my Galaxy Note 4, bit this seems pretty bad to me. I still don't have that many apps, I don't use the Facebook app, and I have Sprint. I'm about 10 minutes North of Chicago.

These screen shots are from when my phone was at 91% to 20%, this is pretty indicative of what I've been getting this past week and a half.
9addf9e697f418483e43734de6a4eaef.jpg
2fb50bd02358f130402bc94cdc32889d.jpg
cb3d69b23c8280edcb169496c2ca30d6.jpg

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
What screen brightness are you using? I keep mine at 60%, and about half that in a dark room at night.

Also, are you using battery saver mode for location? You should, it makes a huge difference and you dont need the high settings unless driving with nav.

Infiniti14

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
If you drag the batter chart to the left you will be able to see if there were any sharp drops. You might be able to correlate that to being in a poor coverage area, or something else.

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone, unfortunately I charged my phone before checking back on my this thread, so I can't bring up any of that information anymore.

I didn't even notice the 3g when I posted the pics. I work in a building and took the screenshots while going down the elevator when I got off work. I'm off tomorrow so I can see how long my battery takes to drain while I'm out and about instead of in my work building.

I also just got the spare battery and charging cradle, so maybe I'll try that battery tomorrow instead. What kind of battery times is everyone else getting?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
So I knew my battery life would be worse than my Galaxy Note 4, bit this seems pretty bad to me. I still don't have that many apps, I don't use the Facebook app, and I have Sprint. I'm about 10 minutes North of Chicago.

These screen shots are from when my phone was at 91% to 20%, this is pretty indicative of what I've been getting this past week and a half.//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161117/9addf9e697f418483e43734de6a4eaef.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161117/2fb50bd02358f130402bc94cdc32889d.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161117/cb3d69b23c8280edcb169496c2ca30d6.jpg

I don't know.... Mine is good for the most part although one day this week I must have had a rogue app because my battery drained really quickly but I rebooted and everything's back to normal. Truthfully, with the Advent of fast charging I really don't worry about battery life. I work in an office most the time and when the battery does drain I simply put it on the charger for a half hour or an hour or whatever it takes or just maybe even 15 minutes sometimes the top it off. I'm not minimizing anyone's concern, I just don't think it's that relevant for my personal use.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone, unfortunately I charged my phone before checking back on my this thread, so I can't bring up any of that information anymore.

I didn't even notice the 3g when I posted the pics. I work in a building and took the screenshots while going down the elevator when I got off work. I'm off tomorrow so I can see how long my battery takes to drain while I'm out and about instead of in my work building.

I also just got the spare battery and charging cradle, so maybe I'll try that battery tomorrow instead. What kind of battery times is everyone else getting?

Swipe is using far more battery then the actual Facebook app ever has for me.

Antony Guan

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Battery life sucks on the V20 when there's barely any service, it doesn't help that half my day is spent at my high school where they basically block the coverage so I barely get any service.

talon1189

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
Battery life sucks on the V20 when there's barely any service, it doesn't help that half my day is spent at my high school where they basically block the coverage so I barely get any service.
Then take the phone back. You have at least 14 days from activation to return it :)

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
My battery life was disappointing for the first week. I thought it was the V10 all over again because 4 hours into my day I was already down to 50%. No battery hogs, it was consistent across all apps. Then magically, things just started working better. My assumption is it's Nougat's doze implementation normalizing things after I finally got done installing everything. I was downloading 2-3 apps a day for the first week. Now I'm getting 11-13 hours depending on what I'm doing that day, with around 5 hours SOT.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the confusion. Ha ha. I use Swipe instead of the Facebook app and usually it's not too bad on battery but occasionally gets nutty.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I just view the mobile site on Chrome. The Facebook experience is almost identical to the mobile app, including being able to get push notifications. So that may be a possible battery saver vs. having another app installed.

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
My battery life was disappointing for the first week. I thought it was the V10 all over again because 4 hours into my day I was already down to 50%. No battery hogs, it was consistent across all apps. Then magically, things just started working better. My assumption is it's Nougat's doze implementation normalizing things after I finally got done installing everything. I was downloading 2-3 apps a day for the first week. Now I'm getting 11-13 hours depending on what I'm doing that day, with around 5 hours SOT.
That's promising, do I have to do anything to activate the doze feature?