Verizon Security Update

BigRalphN

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
This has caused me some grief. I may wind up with a factory reset. It downloaded quickly then went through the update process. On reboot it froze at the Verizon logo. I let it sit but after 55 minutes and the phone getting very hot, I pulled the battery. It booted right back up and said android was updating. After a few minutes it finished but the phone was so lagged it wax unusable. So I rebooted again. It started back up and a Verizon screen popped up saying security was complete. The phone was still lagged though usable. I also keep getting a text I got yesterday over and over again. The lag seems to bs improving so I am going to give it a bit and reboot again. My battery was almost drained from the freeze. I am not hopeful at this point. I may clear the cache then reboot first

HiBRiD109

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Updated, It was on the Verizon loading screen for a solid 10 mins. I was getting worried and debated on pulling the battery. As soon as I found this thread it was done. Its a little toasty. Killed 15% of my battery. Everything seems to work like normal.

lordgoofy

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine took forever on the Verizon screen but never got hot and finally finished after 30+ minutes. A little lag on the first start but after a reboot it was back to like it was before.

BigRalphN

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok. I went into recovery and cleared the cache then let it settle in for about 5 minutes on reboot while the cache rebuilt. It is fine now and flying. Sort of a pain for a VPN update that I will never use. Hopefully no one else has the lock up like I did. At least I had enough phone experience to fix it.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
This has caused me some grief. I may wind up with a factory reset. It downloaded quickly then went through the update process. On reboot it froze at the Verizon logo. I let it sit but after 55 minutes and the phone getting very hot, I pulled the battery. It booted right back up and said android was updating. After a few minutes it finished but the phone was so lagged it wax unusable. So I rebooted again. It started back up and a Verizon screen popped up saying security was complete. The phone was still lagged though usable. I also keep getting a text I got yesterday over and over again. The lag seems to bs improving so I am going to give it a bit and reboot again. My battery was almost drained from the freeze. I am not hopeful at this point. I may clear the cache then reboot first
Try going into location and shut off wifi scanning. This cured the overheating issue in gs7e after the update. Of course update must install successfully first

BigRalphN

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Try going into location and shut off wifi scanning. This cured the overheating issue in gs7e after the update. Of course update must install successfully first

Thanks. If it heats up again I will try that. After all the stuff I did it seems fine now. Only time will tell.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance