My Verizon version doesn't have it, and I want it... So the question is.. Is there anyway to create a shortcut to "In Apps"?
    11-24-2016 06:36 PM
    Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is the "In Apps"?
    11-24-2016 11:53 PM
    Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is the "In Apps"?
    It's the Google app shortcut'ed to the last " tab" of the google search aread called "in apps" that seems to be geared towards searching your apps... it's really just an odd shortcut into an area of the Google app.

On my phone it's a pre-installed shortcut that I'm able to add to the home screen etc.

Doesn't seem to be anything odd required to use the app shortcut; if it came with your phone, you can just access it through the app drawer, or drag it to your home. If it didn't come with your phone, you might be out of luck.

https://www.google.ca/amp/searchengi...rch-257884/amp

B. Diddy likes this.
    11-25-2016 02:51 AM
    It's the Google app shortcut'ed to the last " tab" of the google search aread called "in apps" that seems to be geared towards searching your apps... it's really just an odd shortcut into an area of the Google app.

On my phone it's a pre-installed shortcut that I'm able to add to the home screen etc.

Doesn't seem to be anything odd required to use the app shortcut; if it came with your phone, you can just access it through the app drawer, or drag it to your home. If it didn't come with your phone, you might be out of luck.

https://www.google.ca/amp/searchengi...rch-257884/amp
    It was supposed to come with my phone but, you know... Verizon
    11-25-2016 07:50 AM
    I wish I knew how as well. This is probably the only feature verizon didnt include that I really miss. The fm radio and smart settings I would never use.
    11-25-2016 11:57 AM
    By the way, looks like the Moto Z line that just upgraded to Nougat doesn't have it either. Of course Moto Z is a Verizon exclusive.
    I'm curious if the Samsungs will have it removed too. I think then we will get more traction with Verizon to have this shortcut added.
    11-25-2016 12:05 PM
    Honestly, it's not that great a feature. Just use the normal search and tab over to "in apps".
    TheMarcus likes this.
    11-25-2016 01:12 PM
    The only way to get into that is if Google provided an API to it, and you wrote an app calling that API - and I doubt that there's an API to it ... so no. You generally can't access internal parts of a program from an external program - in any computer - unless the program is written to expose internal features - which is what an API is.
    sswitzer likes this.
    11-25-2016 01:23 PM
    Honestly, it's not that great a feature. Just use the normal search and tab over to "in apps".
    I really don't understand why people are getting their panties in a bunch over that shortcut missing as if the functionality isn't still there. All it takes is a flick and a tap to search In Apps.
    sswitzer likes this.
    11-28-2016 10:04 PM
    I really don't understand why people are getting their panties in a bunch over that shortcut missing as if the functionality isn't still there. All it takes is a flick and a tap to search In Apps.
    Didn't say that I had my panties in a bunch. Just asked about a feature that was advertised to come with the phone. Thanks for the input.
    11-28-2016 11:06 PM
    It's perfectly reasonable to ask about the feature. Please try to keep your comments helpful, thanks!
    11-28-2016 11:17 PM
    Didn't say that I had my panties in a bunch. Just asked about a feature that was advertised to come with the phone. Thanks for the input.
    Plenty of people do have their panties in a bunch over it. I don't recall pointing my finger at you. In any case, the feature is still there.
    11-28-2016 11:19 PM
    It's also reasonable for the OP to think the comment was directed at him, since he was the one who started this thread. In any case, I believe the original question has been answered as best as it can be.
    Ryano89 likes this.
    11-29-2016 01:40 AM
    Mod Note: Please keep the discussion civil and on topic.
    Ryano89 likes this.
    11-29-2016 06:22 AM