Insanely great battery life on the V20?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Dumb question, but I can't figure out how to get notifications from Folio? All my other apps show notifications on the top of the screen and with red number badges, do you know how to activate this in Folio?

Go to "settings" and then "notification". You can also have a floating quickbar from the drop-down notification as well.

Mikey88Chaos

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Best day of battery life I've had since I got this phone last week.
I have a ton of apps on my phone including FB, location on and weak LTE in my area.

cef9b4ca84a739c862bb0e3bbfa39bad.jpg

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
To be honest I couldn't tell you lol I changed my launcher to the latest pixel apk. Not sure if that has anything to do with it but that's really the only change I've made recently.

hmmm, maybe I'll try the Pixel Launcher. I just love Nova Prime so much, and my battery life didn't seem to improve when I tried the stock launcher for awhile. I think my personal best for Screen on time is still only about 3 hours and 45 min.

Can you think of anything else at all you changed, deleted apps, used more wifi, used your phone in different locations?

Mikey88Chaos

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
hmmm, maybe I'll try the Pixel Launcher. I just love Nova Prime so much, and my battery life didn't seem to improve when I tried the stock launcher for awhile. I think my personal best for Screen on time is still only about 3 hours and 45 min.

Can you think of anything else at all you changed, deleted apps, used more wifi, used your phone in different locations?

My day was solely spent at home today as I took the day off due to a snowstorm. I spent more time on my phone than I usually do. Watched some videos on YT, sent some emails, msg'd on Skype, took some photos, listened to a podcast and browsed on chrome. I was on WiFi the entire time. That's pretty much it.

sayf777

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I'll get around 4hours SOT with the phone being used over 18hours.

I think I would be able to get an hour or more SOT if my email was not eating up 12+% of my battery on Aqua.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
There was a new Google now feature that I accepted the other day, for better traffic notifications I guess.. And last night I realized it turned on my location reporting.. Which I think is why Google Services was so high on my battery list yesterday.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Been chilling in the house all day and had my phone on quite a bit. 5 hours to be exact with 30% battery left. All on Wi-Fi. Mostly Tapatalk forums and Chrome browser. A few YouTube videos as well.
ea020c468ebda1bcb427b223d6dc7832.jpg

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
My battery life with screen off is amazing. Phone rarely drops a percent but with screen on and phone in use very comparable to my Note 3. Nothing to scream about. Streaming Netflix for an hour ate 25 percent of what was left in battery. Watching a 1 hour show previously downloaded from Comcast also about 25 percent of battery.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to test out battery life with Facebook and Instagram now installed on my phone and see if I still hit my numbers. I have only ran out of juice or got close to the red maybe once since picking up the V20 in November. Let's see how these two apps play into that.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Took the phone off the charger before 3AM and now at 5PM I just hit 15%. I have been using the Chrome browser off and on. Hopping in and out of Android Central and Windows Central. A few YouTube videos throughout the day. Of course the Tapatalk app at least a couple times an hour. And now checking notifications in Facebook and Instagram which I previously did not have installed on my phone. Not sure if its just my phone but the battery life continues to impress me and this is with the second screen always on. Absolutely no complaints from me. And I keep my screen at 35% brightness.
150fca4139ceb448b13d5e56b11dcc1f.jpg
c34695f3aa6ea84b5453b772db5891a7.jpg
69c758ba4579c69cd67bfad01868492d.jpg

If I decide to get a spare battery, I will never have to even worry about battery life again.