For the past week when I open my Amazon shopping app it gives me an error that says you must upgrade Android Webviewer. When I click on it and download the update it will not let me enable it, nor will it when I find the webview app in Google Play. Has anyone else run into this on their V20 and know how to get around it without a system wipe? Deleting and reinstalling the Amazon app has not helped either.
    12-01-2016 06:17 AM
    Android Web View is not part of Android 7 (Nougat). The features have been integrated into the operating system. I get the error from amazon too but everything works fine. They just need to update their app.

David
    12-01-2016 07:15 AM
    System Webview is there, but you first have to disable Chrome (which replaced it in Nougat). With Chrome disabled, then you can go to System Webview in Play, enable it, then update it. After updating, then you can enable Chrome again, which automatically disables System Webview.

I had to do this to fix an error in Chrome, oddly enough, so hopefully it fixes Amazon too.
    TNCattleDog and sswitzer like this.
    12-01-2016 10:39 AM
    System Webview is there, but you first have to disable Chrome (which replaced it in Nougat). With Chrome disabled, then you can go to System Webview in Play, enable it, then update it. After updating, then you can enable Chrome again, which automatically disables System Webview.

I had to do this to fix an error in Chrome, oddly enough, so hopefully it fixes Amazon too.
    Thanks, I thought I had read that too but felt it didn't matter. Does it make a difference or cause any problems with Chrome if you enable it?

David
    12-01-2016 02:49 PM
    Does it make a difference or cause any problems with Chrome if you enable it?
    Only in that the two can't be enabled at the same time. But once I re-enabled Chrome, there was zero new problems with it or System Webview.
    12-01-2016 05:05 PM
    I'm having the same issue as the OP, and FWIW, this didn't work to fix this problem with the Amazon App.

12-05-2016 08:18 PM
    Chrome 55 download seems to have fixed the amazon web view problem.
    12-07-2016 08:08 PM