22,000 charging limit.

middbrew

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
My brother liked my V20 so much he went and got one for himself. While he was there talking with the sales rep, she mentioned that he needed to be careful with how often he charged it. She said the battery in the V20 can only be charged 22,000 times. My first thought was who cares and why would a rep say that? If you charged it 3 times a day it would still take you over 20 years to max it out and reach the limit.

Just found that a bit odd and funny.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
22,000 sounds unreasonably high.

"Manufacturers take a conservative approach and specify the life of Li-ion in most consumer products as being between 300 and 500 discharge/charge cycles."

How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

"Manufacturers' information typically specify lifespan in terms of the number of cycles (e.g., capacity dropping linearly to 80% over 500 cycles), with no mention of chronological age. Research rejects this common industry practice. On average, lifetimes consist of 1000 cycles, although battery performance is rarely specified for more than 500 cycles. This means that batteries of mobile phones, or other hand-held devices in daily use, are not expected to last longer than three years."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium-ion_battery#Battery_life

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
My brother liked my V20 so much he went and got one for himself. While he was there talking with the sales rep, she mentioned that he needed to be careful with how often he charged it. She said the battery in the V20 can only be charged 22,000 times. My first thought was who cares and why would a rep say that? If you charged it 3 times a day it would still take you over 20 years to max it out and reach the limit.

Guess what.. You can buy a new battery lol

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
It's been my experience that sells reps know very little about the products they sell it's a shame. Especially products such as LG phones or anything that's off the main stream

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
People who work at carrier stores know far less about these phones than us geeks on the Internet. Most of them aren't passionate about this stuff. It's just a job. They know what's in their little sales training packets that they read while they're on the clock, meanwhile, most of us are online trying to digest everything we can on our free time.

AtTheHop

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
What phones are the "kool-aid" phones lol

Kool-Aid phones are iPhones. Everyone who has drank it cannot do anything on them without Apples approval. I can install apps from outside the play store on Android phones.

Last edited:

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Sounds like bragging, so you never have to worry about replacing the battery.