Decided to pay off my G4 so I can keep it and go for the V20.

What I like:
    Battery life
    Auto brightness
    Fingerprint scanner
    Usb-c
    Display

What I hate:
    Volume buttons on the side. Considered the V10 because of this. Even with them on the side they need to be a little lower. LG really took a step backwards with this.
    Size. Too big for any kind of case. Waiting for dbrand skins.

On the fence:
    2nd display. Think I would rather have a 6 inch display in the same footprint or the 5.7 with a smaller footprint.

Other than that so far so good.
    Jeremiah Bonds and recDNA like this.
    12-09-2016 03:02 PM
    yeah i hate that the volume buttons are on the side. I've been with LG for awhile and loved the button configuration. My wife dislikes it on her G5 too.

I have a case on mine.. you can get a Ringke slim type of case or bumper.
    rdt595 likes this.
    12-09-2016 05:16 PM
    I have had Samsung phones for many years and used to volume buttons on the side. Getting used to the on off button on the back took a while. I put a thin clear Spigen case on mine because it was slippery and just love it. Mine never leave my side. As far as I am concerned it is one of the best large phones in the market.
    12-09-2016 05:49 PM
    yeah i hate that the volume buttons are on the side. I've been with LG for awhile and loved the button configuration. My wife dislikes it on her G5 too.

I have a case on mine.. you can get a Ringke slim type of case or bumper.
    OK found this yihailu thin slim case and zizo protector on Amazon. Thinnest case I could find. Protector went on very good no rainbow.
    Attached Thumbnails New V20. My thoughts.-10448.jpg  
    12-09-2016 09:44 PM
    12-09-2016 10:27 PM
    Can you put a couple pics up of the side profile and the back? So we can see how it protects the camera bump?
    12-10-2016 07:36 AM
    Can you put a couple pics up of the side profile and the back? So we can see how it protects the camera bump?
    Yeah I will when I get off of work but I can tell you that it sits exactly at the same height as the camera bump. Gonna put dbrand skin on it.
    12-10-2016 04:22 PM
    Attached Thumbnails New V20. My thoughts.-20161210_184118.jpg  
    12-10-2016 08:50 PM
    I def like the idea of the super thin case. It being flush with the camera bump is risky, Is this the skin you are talking about?

https://dbrand.com/shop/lg-v20-skins...cUvbUpU5602788

Edit: I see what you mean the camera skin that is .95 cents. It's messed up though that it still cost 3.95 to ship that.
    rdt595 likes this.
    12-11-2016 05:56 AM
    Decided to pay off my G4 so I can keep it and go for the V20.

What I like:
    Battery life
    Auto brightness
    Fingerprint scanner
    Usb-c
    Display

What I hate:
    Volume buttons on the side. Considered the V10 because of this. Even with them on the side they need to be a little lower. LG really took a step backwards with this.
    Size. Too big for any kind of case. Waiting for dbrand skins.

On the fence:
    2nd display. Think I would rather have a 6 inch display in the same footprint or the 5.7 with a smaller footprint.

Other than that so far so good.
    I'm with you on the button move. Loved them on the back now every time I pull it out my pocket I either cut the volume up or down. Ohh well it is my only complaint. This is a great phone. Once you utilize the second screen for favorite contacts and most used apps it it becomes very useful. Ohh yea don't forget the IR blaster.
    rdt595 likes this.
    12-11-2016 08:05 AM
    For you iPhone people how does it feel coming from an iPhone to the LG V20 that has a better screen and more features?
    12-11-2016 09:07 AM
    For you iPhone people how does it feel coming from an iPhone to the LG V20 that has a better screen and more features?
    Though I'm currently a very very very happy V20 owner I'd think the iPhone's screen looks nearly just as good as the V20's by most accounts. Yeah the V20 has the higher resolution and pixel count but its not really not a night and day difference (to me anyways). More features? Yeah, but also more complexity and many don't want the added complexity. I'm not sure the V20's camera is better than the 7 Plus'. Especially in Auto. Are you?
    12-11-2016 10:20 AM
    My only real complaints about iOS are the stock gridlock of icons and stupid slow animation speeds. Why build a device that while isn't the absolute cream of the crop yet still has great specs and apparently benchmarks very well, and slow it down with dumb animations? That's been my biggest pet peeve with iOS since 6 or 7, whenever they introduced these dumb animations and parallax effects

This is my first iPhone since the 5 and while I do like it, the nerd side in me digs the OS Freedom that comes with Android. For day to day use and messaging, I don't mind the 7 plus. But the nerd in me likes my V20 for the powerhouse it is. I remember the days of people seeing Android as an OS that was harder to navigate and learn, I don't think the tables have turned but Android has become much more user friendly for those unfamiliar with it and with all the shortcuts throughout its much, much quicker and easier to navigate to what you need/want compared to iOS. Especially in Nougat, I feel like its the first real Android OS that could sway the on-the-fence iPhone user to the other side. Add it to the feature packed V20, and you've got a great combination.

Though I'm currently a very very very happy V20 owner I'd think the iPhone's screen looks nearly just as good as the V20's by most accounts. Yeah the V20 has the higher resolution and pixel count but its not really not a night and day difference (to me anyways). More features? Yeah, but also more complexity and many don't want the added complexity. I'm not sure the V20's camera is better than the 7 Plus'. Especially in Auto. Are you?
    Considering I have both phones at the moment, I could do a comparison of the two with the V20 on auto 😊

I don't have any snaps to share of the two at the moment, but IMO the V20 does do a bit better in low light than my 7 plus. The plus is a touch warmer which some may like, but the V20 (in my eyes) is sharper.

As for the screen, eh. I don't know if I could say which is better. I like both, and going back and forth between them I don't notice much of a difference until I hold them up side by side. The V20 is again cooler, even with comfort view on medium (again, in my eyes. Could be different for someone else) but unless I look at the two side by side I pay no difference between the two.
    12-11-2016 11:56 AM
    My only real complaints about iOS are the stock gridlock of icons and stupid slow animation speeds. Why build a device that while isn't the absolute cream of the crop yet still has great specs and apparently benchmarks very well, and slow it down with dumb animations? That's been my biggest pet peeve with iOS since 6 or 7, whenever they introduced these dumb animations and parallax effects

This is my first iPhone since the 5 and while I do like it, the nerd side in me digs the OS Freedom that comes with Android. For day to day use and messaging, I don't mind the 7 plus. But the nerd in me likes my V20 for the powerhouse it is. I remember the days of people seeing Android as an OS that was harder to navigate and learn, I don't think the tables have turned but Android has become much more user friendly for those unfamiliar with it and with all the shortcuts throughout its much, much quicker and easier to navigate to what you need/want compared to iOS. Especially in Nougat, I feel like its the first real Android OS that could sway the on-the-fence iPhone user to the other side. Add it to the feature packed V20, and you've got a great combination.

Considering I have both phones at the moment, I could do a comparison of the two with the V20 on auto 😊

I don't have any snaps to share of the two at the moment, but IMO the V20 does do a bit better in low light than my 7 plus. The plus is a touch warmer which some may like, but the V20 (in my eyes) is sharper.

As for the screen, eh. I don't know if I could say which is better. I like both, and going back and forth between them I don't notice much of a difference until I hold them up side by side. The V20 is again cooler, even with comfort view on medium (again, in my eyes. Could be different for someone else) but unless I look at the two side by side I pay no difference between the two.
    I think you are spot on. I have e both as well. I think I like the iPhone pics a tad better but detail and sharpness is better on v20.
    And for the love of god will apple let me put an icon wherever I want on the screen. Drives me crazy. Both are great on their own ways.
    12-11-2016 12:45 PM
    I think you are spot on. I have e both as well. I think I like the iPhone pics a tad better but detail and sharpness is better on v20.
    And for the love of god will apple let me put an icon wherever I want on the screen. Drives me crazy. Both are great on their own ways.
    Yeah, both are great in their own ways but I'm not ready to five up my V10 and V20s for any iPhone...not yet. We'll see how I feel in October '17.
    jdfry15 likes this.
    12-11-2016 01:34 PM
    Yeah, both are great in their own ways but I'm not ready to five up my V10 and V20s for any iPhone...not yet. We'll see how I feel in October '17.
    I've always said the iPhone pictures always look very good on iPhone screens. A friend of mine took a great pic of me with their iPhone, sent me a full resolution image and I wasn't too impressed. Oddly enough.
    12-11-2016 03:48 PM
    I've always said the iPhone pictures always look very good on iPhone screens. A friend of mine took a great pic of me with their iPhone, sent me a full resolution image and I wasn't too impressed. Oddly enough.
    I never really thought about that. If I do look at photos it's on the phone. Sometimes with my iPad Pro. I'll look at my desktop and check it out.
    12-11-2016 05:04 PM
    I never really thought about that. If I do look at photos it's on the phone. Sometimes with my iPad Pro. I'll look at my desktop and check it out.
    Something I've always thought. Also a friend of mine said that my v20 pics look better than his 6plus pics cause of the screen hahaha.
    12-11-2016 05:11 PM
    I think Apple crippling the software on the phone to just being point-and-shoot limits its capabilities to an extent. I don't know if it actually lets you control the aperture or if it's just digitally editing the light levels in the photo but that's about all you can do. Another downfall to iOS, although it's all around a good camera. Not the best, but good.

I dig the device but after a week it's just... boring. Definitely prefer my V20. Can't wait to get the camera glass repaired
    12-11-2016 08:07 PM