Not receiving text messages

Resendetra

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I want to start off by saying that I absolutely love the LG V20. Although, I am not loving the text message problem I have been experiencing. I've had the phone for almost 2 months through AT&T and it seems there's been a problem with receiving text messages from the start. I read on one forum to disable the advanced messaging, so I did and thought it fixed it at first, the problem came back.

I can send texts just fine and people get them, but I never receive anything back. My husband and I have learned to use Facebook if we need to message each other now.

I have read about others having this same problem with this phone through various other carriers. Is there a fix for this at all?

Resendetra

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded and am trying out Textra right now. So far so good! I'll update back about it tomorrow if it should stop working at work.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I want to start off by saying that I absolutely love the LG V20. Although, I am not loving the text message problem I have been experiencing. I've had the phone for almost 2 months through AT&T and it seems there's been a problem with receiving text messages from the start. I read on one forum to disable the advanced messaging, so I did and thought it fixed it at first, the problem came back.

I can send texts just fine and people get them, but I never receive anything back. My husband and I have learned to use Facebook if we need to message each other now.

I have read about others having this same problem with this phone through various other carriers. Is there a fix for this at all?

Makes no sense.... You should be receiving messages

kal_el_5011

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I know of an issue with hangouts. It looked like I sent mms to folks but they were never getting them. I liked it because I could use my computer to text back and save text history. I'm trying to use Facebook messenger as I've had success sending mms and folks recieving it. But haven't been able to send mms through hangouts still. Had the problem on Note 4,note 7,and now my lg v20.

Resendetra

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Call and report this to AT&T. This happened to me with another phone, and they did something on their end and asked me to power cycle to fix it.

Yeah, that might be a good idea. Textra seems to be helping right now though, but I definitely need to bring this to AT&Ts attention.

Joshua Comfort

Aug 19, 2017
Visit site
I have the same exact problem with my v20 but im on tmobile. I called tmobile and they did some things on their end and said it was fixed!!!.... But it wasnt. I downloaded textra and am currently using that but i prefer the pre installed message app which sucks. Any suggestions other then downloaded messaging apps would be very helpful.

Binxiboobear

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I have AT&T and told them the issue. They know it's a known issue and suggested I use Textra and Ghostly SMS. Ghostly would catch all the missing messages, using stock messaging, but with textra, so far, I've not had any issues.