T-Mobile V20 10i update should be coming soon

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Anybody here have the dirty finger print scanner error message issue and if you do, did this update fix it?

Yes, I have that when trying to add a second fingerprint. The update didn't fix it. When I first got the phone I had no problem adding the second print and it worked great for about a week. Then it stopped working and I started receiving this message. Nothing seems to get rid of it. The first print still works like a charm. Nothing seems to fix the second print though.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Haven't had that problem but it's worth a try to update. Also did you leave the little protective sticker on your fingerprint sensor? That might be the issue. I would think it would get dirtier faster if it was still on.

Thanks for the suggestion, I did remove the plastic sticker from the FPS. Read in another thread here in the V20 forum that it appears to be a known issue that is being addressed. FPS works but adding new prints is wonky.

Connected to bridge it found update says preparing phone when it starts to download after seconds it stops and says can't be downloaded

I'm having the same issue / getting the same result. Are you on Tmo?

For those of you who have used LG Bridge to successfully update, were any of you on Tmo in the U.S.?

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion, I did remove the plastic sticker from the FPS. Read in another thread here in the V20 forum that it appears to be a known issue that is being addressed. FPS works but adding new prints is wonky.

For those of you who have used LG Bridge to successfully update, were any of you on Tmo in the U.S.?

Yes, I'm on TMO in the U.S.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

Tmo

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

What known issue? There is no difference between adding new prints and setup.
The only issue I've experienced is trouble due to excessive dry skin. That was for unlocking or adding prints and on 4 different phones.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
The only issue I've experienced is trouble due to excessive dry skin. That was for unlocking or adding prints and on 4 different phones.
Some people are getting "dirty fingerprint sensor" error or "fingerprint sensor failed" error

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

The one identified in this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-v20/751914-bogus-error-message-fps-dirty-clean-try-again.html

You did post in this thread. The FPS works fine, I do have two sets of finger-prints setup but with one finger I get the FPS is dirty message and it is not. Just annoying.........maybe it doesn't like my middle finger! :D

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site

Yes I am on T mobile

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The one identified in this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-v20/751914-bogus-error-message-fps-dirty-clean-try-again.html

You did post in this thread. The FPS works fine, I do have two sets of finger-prints setup but with one finger I get the FPS is dirty message and it is not. Just annoying.........maybe it doesn't like my middle finger! :D

Again.... That doesn't make it a known issue. It's a issue that is being discussed by a group of people. A known issue exists when the manufacturer acknowledges or documents the issue with the intent of fixing or creating a solution to address the issue.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Again.... That doesn't make it a known issue. It's a issue that is being discussed by a group of people. A known issue exists when the manufacturer acknowledges or documents the issue with the intent of fixing or creating a solution to address the issue.
In all technicalities, if you'd read or heard about the issue, it would then be known issue by said reader/listener.

IHateMyTreo

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
For all the "deniers" of "known issue" status 😉

TMo says that it is a "known issue" (their words as spoken to me) which awaits a*software*update; I was also told that a FDR will not help; a return/exchange is not warranted; and no, they don't know when an update will arrive.

Known Issue.

Treo out. 😂

And happy holidays to all.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Take it from someone who works in QA that's not the criteria for a known issue.
So the fact that it's been addressed by a carrier means nothing? And none the less I said technically. You're just pissed because I'm being a smartass. I never once said it was considered a "known issue" by your definition, just a "issue" that is known by the people that it is happening to and the people who have read about the "issue". Hope you had a good Christmas. Hopefully there were no "know issues" with anything.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
So the fact that it's been addressed by a carrier means nothing? And none the less I said technically. You're just pissed because I'm being a smartass. I never once said it was considered a "known issue" by your definition, just a "issue" that is known by the people that it is happening to and the people who have read about the "issue". Hope you had a good Christmas. Hopefully there were no "know issues" with anything.

I don't see any facts except that someone states what a carrier told him. I guess it's possible it's just a T-Mobile thing. Kind of strange if it's a known software issue that they didn't get to it in the recent update. Also strange that if it's a software issue it's only affecting a small amount of phones. I have seen cases where slightly different chip sets or hardware changes didn't always play nice with the same software
I'm not pissed that you are being a smartass and didn't even know you were being a smartass. I just hate terms being thrown around that imply something is what it isn't.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I don't see any facts except that someone states what a carrier told him. I guess it's possible it's just a T-Mobile thing. Kind of strange if it's a known software issue that they didn't get to it in the recent update. Also strange that if it's a software issue it's only affecting a small amount of phones. I have seen cases where slightly different chip sets or hardware changes didn't always play nice with the same software
I'm not pissed that you are being a smartass and didn't even know you were being a smartass. I just hate terms being thrown around that imply something is what it isn't.

Understandable. On the software thing, I mean it could be just a hiccup in the original factory flash onto the device. What I would think is more likely is either faulty fps or kinda like you said, slightly different hardware. Kinda like how how some of the galaxy s6's had a Samsung isocell camera sensor and others had a Sony made sensor. And apologies for the last little comment. It was a bit snarky. Really hope you Christmas went well.

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Anyone successfully update through LG Bridge? I tried for last couple days and it not letting me.

*"Cannot check the software version.*Try again.".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance