What happened to my internal memory???

Monte J

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday the internal memory on my V20 was 20.51GB used of the 64.00GB. This morning, all of a sudden my internal memory says, 63.93GB used of the 64.00GB total. WHAT!!!!! I have not downloaded or taken pictures or anything that would use up that kind of memory. So now I can't receive messages because of the full memory or use many of the other functions... I did drop the phone from about 18 inches but the phone appeared fine. Then the memory issue. I rebooted it and removed and replaced the SD and sim card, nothing..... Has anyone else had this? Please this is so annoying and making the phone useless....

Thanks,
Monte

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday the internal memory on my V20 was 20.51GB used of the 64.00GB. This morning, all of a sudden my internal memory says, 63.93GB used of the 64.00GB total. WHAT!!!!! I have not downloaded or taken pictures or anything that would use up that kind of memory. So now I can't receive messages because of the full memory or use many of the other functions... I did drop the phone from about 18 inches but the phone appeared fine. Then the memory issue. I rebooted it and removed and replaced the SD and sim card, nothing..... Has anyone else had this? Please this is so annoying and making the phone useless....

Thanks,
Monte
Have you tried to smart clean it?

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Settings ... Storage ... Internal Storage

What do you see?

What's taking up the bulk?

7c1b2fa28c6e44503ef238fcdc202619.jpg

Monte J

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Okay, other apps was taking up the most, with 45GB being used.... But..... this thing has somehow corrected itself and now shows I'm using a total of 27.57GB of the 64GB. This has happened once before and like this time it fixed itself (scratching my head).... Now before you ask if I was looking at it correctly, I plugged it into my computer to ascertain if the information was reading the same and it was. I still don't know why this happened and fear it'll happen again. If an answer comes up please post..... (still scratching my head over this one)...

Thanks for your helps folks.
Monte J

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Okay, other apps was taking up the most, with 45GB being used.... But..... this thing has somehow corrected itself and now shows I'm using a total of 27.57GB of the 64GB. This has happened once before and like this time it fixed itself (scratching my head).... Now before you ask if I was looking at it correctly, I plugged it into my computer to ascertain if the information was reading the same and it was. I still don't know why this happened and fear it'll happen again. If an answer comes up please post..... (still scratching my head over this one)...

Monte J
Try out Solid Explorer, and using the folder properties feature you'll be able to see space taken by individual folders. You should be able to derive (with some work) what files are taking up space.

868f7311277d56aaac3def9dce6feefb.jpg

9412a5fb22bfce10c77e480aa1afae99.jpg

a79766d95687dd2884303e63bc0e87cf.jpg

Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Monte J

If it happens again I would try a factory reset in case something corrupt is hanging out

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma