Over Heat Warning

Tony Uhrlaub

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey Everybody,
I've been kinda of a lurker here on the V20 forum, gleaning what I can from all the post. So now I encountered a problem with my V20 that I did not seem to have on my V10, that being an OVER HEAT WARNING.
Heres the senerio, I'm traveling back from Las Vegas to Reno in my motorhome. I have my phone pluged into car power, aka, 12volts. I have a movie playing on the phone and i'm blutoothed into the sound. I listened to ID4 and an episode of Sherlock for a total of approx 180 min. When I arrived home I grabbed the phone to unplug and almost had to drop the thing it was so hot. After I got it unplugged and cooled off a bit I saw the notifacation of a over heat.
This is somewhat disturbing as I bought the phone to use it in this manor, i.e. watching movies, as well as the many other things the phone does.

So whats up? Is this a normal situation?

Tony

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Hey Everybody,
I've been kinda of a lurker here on the V20 forum, gleaning what I can from all the post. So now I encountered a problem with my V20 that I did not seem to have on my V10, that being an OVER HEAT WARNING.
Heres the senerio, I'm traveling back from Las Vegas to Reno in my motorhome. I have my phone pluged into car power, aka, 12volts. I have a movie playing on the phone and i'm blutoothed into the sound. I listened to ID4 and an episode of Sherlock for a total of approx 180 min. When I arrived home I grabbed the phone to unplug and almost had to drop the thing it was so hot. After I got it unplugged and cooled off a bit I saw the notifacation of a over heat.
This is somewhat disturbing as I bought the phone to use it in this manor, i.e. watching movies, as well as the many other things the phone does.

Tony
What brand is the car charger adapter? Did use stock Cable? You have to be careful with third-party charging accessories. They don't always play nicely with USB type-C devices.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey Everybody,

Tony

I don't watch movies in the car because I usually have to drive but I listen to music and use navigation and have never had an issue.

Last edited:

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey Everybody,

Tony
3 consecutive hours of charging plus screen being on would heat up almost any phone.

Was the phone exposed to any direct sunlight thru the windows? The sunlight would have heated up the metal exterior of the phone. How's the cell reception between Vegas and Reno? Any not so great cell areas would cause even more heat since the cell radio has to work harder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid