Camera lens breakage

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
If you drop any phone and something hits the glass covering the camera, it's going to break. People were all paranoid about the Galaxy S6 as well because the camera protruded from the body. I rocked an S6 with no case and never had an issue. I somehow cracked the camera glass on my HTC M9 and that one was pretty flat. Go figure. That was a super easy and cheap fix though.

carme4

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I've dropped, or should I say my cats have knocked my phone off the table several times and no breaks or scratches here! Whew!

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
My S7(work) has a cracked glass lens. Not sure how it happened to be honest, its in a case. Im sure(and had assumed) I had to have dropped it. With that said, I have dropped my V20 a bunch of times including hard surfaces with a slim case and no damage to the screen or camera lens.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
To be honest.. any lens cracking for "no reason" is a big issue. I don't care if it's one or 5 phones.. that shouldn't happen and just because one does it versus the other doesn't make it valid or okay.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
My S7(work) has a cracked glass lens. Not sure how it happened to be honest, its in a case. Im sure(and had assumed) I had to have dropped it. With that said, I have dropped my V20 a bunch of times including hard surfaces with a slim case and no damage to the screen or camera lens.
There has been a few reports of the v20's camera glass breaking after being scratched. Actually saw it happen in some reviewer doing scratch tests. He scratched the glass with a pick not even leaving that much of a scratch, probably like normal slide your phone over a grain of sand deep, and about 2 seconds later he looked at it again and the glass was cracked. I can imagine that the same could happen to any camera glass. My guess is that the camera glass was cut at the upper end of the allowed variance and because of that it was a super tight fit causing extra stress on the glass. Stong enough for every day use but temperamental with scratches.