Fast battery drain (started today out of nowhere)

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Fast battery drain

Yesterday my battery dropped 81% in 3 hours only. I was only listening to Pandora at work and that's it.
Looked at battery usage and Pandora was 28% Snapchat 21% with which I maybe looked at one Snapchat.
Now today I've only used my phone for an hour and it's down to 73% already.
This is not normal at all.
Something is definitely wrong.
Any one else having issues?

I thought I'd check the forum this morning because I'm seeing the same today. In my case I attributed it to turning on T-Mobile Digits this morning, but I'm not so sure. I have used the phone a fair amount today starting at 8am, but I'm now at 82% on my extra battery...

SaltGuy

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Looks to be facebook family including facebook, messenger, and pages this morning. Fb had an update the other day and phone acted up right after install of it.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

I'm running FB messenger, but not the FB app (the mobile version via Chrome has pretty much the identical user experience), and having no battery related problems.

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site

Same with my Sprint LG V20...battery went from 90% at 8am this morning to 5% at noon. I did notice the phone felt a little warm but when i checked battery usage the highest was facebook at 18%. Ive just uninstalled facebook and messenger so hopefully this will fix whatever it is.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site

Ok so its not just me... i got my LG V20 yesterday and man today the battery is terrible it is dropping at 4% every 30 min.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site

i was thinking about returning it as i thought it was defective because i have not had a phone in a long time with a battery this bad... but it seems like its not my phone.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site

YES me too! And its running hot! What's going on?! Is it from that Verizon security update??

Thats what i was thinking.. the security update that i received yesterday.. and my friend who has the S6 on verizon updated to the same security patch and her phone will not hold a charge what so ever now.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
my V20 is hot all of a sudden?

I've had my phone since launch and its been great. I don't have any new apps installed. Since late yesterday the battery has been draining like crazy and its been hot which is not the norm as to how this phone has been. Wifi is fine..good signal, no changes. Any ideas? I did install a Verizon security patch the other day.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: my V20 is hot all of a sudden?

I've had my phone since launch and its been great. I don't have any new apps installed. Since late yesterday the battery has been draining like crazy and its been hot which is not the norm as to how this phone has been. Wifi is fine..good signal, no changes. Any ideas? I did install a Verizon security patch the other day.

I think this is connected to the random battery drain that we are experiencing.. I uninstalled all things facebook and my phone seems to be cool right now.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

Screenshots of battery use would really help here.

My GF reported battery drain on her G5 this morning after not having any issues at all recently. I looked at the stats and Facebook and Facebook messenger were the culprits. Looks like a recent update could be the issue. Several complaints over on XDA across multiple devices in regards to Facebook as well.

this is the issue. I have had no issues with the v20 but this morning phone was very warm and dropped 20% of battery with maybe 30 minutes of use.

djepperson1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
All i got to say is dang facebook. If you remember on the s7 edge beta they released a update just for facebook causing issues. They try to much crap in that app i bet that is main cause

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
i have a stupid question.. should these be off or on ? I am assuming they should be "off" and only turn the ones "on" that i do not want optimized? Or should they be switched to "on" to optimize them?

Attachments

• Capture+_2017-01-10-14-59-55.jpg
    Capture+_2017-01-10-14-59-55.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 45

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae