01-23-2017 11:07 AM
36 12
tools
    Don't know what to do at this point, thinking about just sending the damn thing in for repair at this point. If I would have by now, I would have had it back as my daily phone. Getting rather bored/annoyed with iOS as of right now.

Anybody else who's broken theirs had any luck finding a replacement or have a cost figure as to what it was to have it replaced?
    01-12-2017 11:06 AM
    Weren't they replacing these with warranty anyway as it seemed to have been widespread? Not sure, though, but I thought they were...
    01-12-2017 11:57 AM
    Weren't they replacing these with warranty anyway as it seemed to have been widespread? Not sure, though, but I thought they were...
    Wide spread? I think I saw only about 3 or 4 reported cases. Everyone else seemed to be referring back to those few, making seem like a much bigger deal. So I wouldn't be surprised if there are no aftermarket glass replacements yet, simply due to lack of demand.

I'd just bite the bullet and send it in. Depending on the carrier, they may send a replacement first so you're not without a phone.
    sswitzer likes this.
    01-12-2017 12:23 PM
    Well, I saw at least 4 or 5 in these forums and a bunch of other reports elsewhere... heck, even one of the AC Editors had it happen to him!
    01-12-2017 12:28 PM
    I never saw where anyone got it covered under warranty unless they happened to get the carrier to agree to replace it. When that happens it has a lot to do how early after purchase, with who you happen to talk to and how long you have been a customer.
    As far as a wide spread issue I don't think that's the case however it was a widely discussed issue but seems to have dropped off.
    01-12-2017 12:33 PM
    Its not widespread
    sswitzer likes this.
    01-12-2017 01:51 PM
    Knew I'd seen it here.
    I dropped my LG V20 and you'll never guess what happened next... | Android Central

Again, don't know if 'widespread' then or if it was covered by warranty, but it was at least a concern with early units. Anyway, I hope you get yours replaced soon, can't be good having such a great camera foiled by the lack of protective glass.
    01-12-2017 02:15 PM
    My guess is they won't cover it under warranty and will just say it was user caused.
    01-12-2017 03:29 PM
    Probably so, because it's such a small number of people that had this problem
    01-12-2017 08:55 PM
    Probably so, because it's such a small number of people that had this problem
    It still doesn't make it right. They should sell replacements if they can for those less fortunate.
    Jeremiah Bonds and recDNA like this.
    01-12-2017 08:55 PM
    It still doesn't make it right. They should sell replacements if they can for those less fortunate.
    I agree with you on that..
    01-12-2017 08:56 PM
    Can't even get a replacement battery directly from LG. This is the price you pay for not going with Apple or Samsung.
    Almeuit likes this.
    01-12-2017 09:02 PM
    Can't even get a replacement battery directly from LG. This is the price you pay for not going with Apple or Samsung.
    A lot has to do with how much noise you make.
    01-12-2017 09:10 PM
    A lot has to do with how much noise you make.
    Well it's odd.. here is a removable battery ! ... Yet you can't buy an official one from them? A feature of the phone?
    01-12-2017 09:20 PM
    Well it's odd.. here is a removable battery ! ... Yet you can't buy an official one from them? A feature of the phone?
    I was referring to getting things fixed in warranty. Guess the post I quoted made it appear differently.
    01-12-2017 09:21 PM
    They are trying to cut costs so they are waiting for Samsung to recycle the battery materials from the Note 7s
    tadpoles likes this.
    01-12-2017 09:27 PM
    They are trying to cut costs so they are waiting for Samsung to recycle the battery materials from the Note 7s
    You're a bad man Mike. LOL
    01-12-2017 09:29 PM
    You're a bad man Mike. LOL
    Hey the price of lithium is through the roof
    01-12-2017 09:30 PM
    I was referring to getting things fixed in warranty. Guess the post I quoted made it appear differently.
    It did. It made it seem like it was normal which -- I disagree .
    01-12-2017 11:02 PM
    Other than the s7 edge, this has been a pretty crappy year for phones. IPhone 7 wasn't much of an upgrade, Note 7 disaster, g5 was a flop, Pixel is so so, and the V20 didn't take off.
    01-13-2017 02:03 PM
    Other than the s7 edge, this has been a pretty crappy year for phones. IPhone 7 wasn't much of an upgrade, Note 7 disaster, g5 was a flop, Pixel is so so, and the V20 didn't take off.
    Well... As far as I'm concerned the market has peaked for quite some time.... There is nothing really exciting or ground breaking out there so everyone goes with what they are comfortable with or what they like. I don't run with the crowd and if what I own isn't popular it doesn't bother me. The biggest drawback to a phone that doesnt sell well is there are fewer accessories tailored to it. For me that usually means less options in the way of cases. For people who wait, buying a phone that doesn't sell well can mean big savings. I went with the V20 and extremely happy. Love in no particular order.... the speed, the dual camera, the DAC and the removable battery.
    talon1189 likes this.
    01-13-2017 03:37 PM
    Well... As far as I'm concerned the market has peaked for quite some time.... There is nothing really exciting or ground breaking out there so everyone goes with what they are comfortable with or what they like. I don't run with the crowd and if what I own isn't popular it doesn't bother me. The biggest drawback to a phone that doesnt sell well is there are fewer accessories tailored to it. For me that usually means less options in the way of cases. For people who wait, buying a phone that doesn't sell well can mean big savings. I went with the V20 and extremely happy. Love in no particular order.... the speed, the dual camera, the DAC and the removable battery.
    Yea, Best Buy doesn't even sell cases for the V20! I had to buy my Otterbox at the Tmobile store.
    01-13-2017 03:48 PM
    Yes.... Verizon after release had only 3 cases and they had to bring them out of the back.... They still don't have much.... Thank God for Amazon
    carme4 likes this.
    01-13-2017 04:05 PM
    Knew I'd seen it here.
    I dropped my LG V20 and you'll never guess what happened next... | Android Central

Again, don't know if 'widespread' then or if it was covered by warranty, but it was at least a concern with early units. Anyway, I hope you get yours replaced soon, can't be good having such a great camera foiled by the lack of protective glass.
    Even JerryRigEverything experienced it while doing the durability test of his V20.

I thought it was being replaced under warranty as it seemed to be a global issue.
    01-14-2017 03:10 AM
    Even JerryRigEverything experienced it while doing the durability test of his V20.

I thought it was being replaced under warranty as it seemed to be a global issue.
    In jerryrig's case he damaged the lens deliberately though he didn't expect it. I wouldn't call this a global issue. In many cases it was dropped and some claim it happened on its own. There haven't been many cases that I'm aware since the initial reports, however the replacement part not being available in not acceptable.
    01-14-2017 07:20 AM
36 12