Outer Glass Replacement

Opjeezzeey

Jan 14, 2017
Visit site
Does anyone have any experience with replacing just the glass on the v20? Mine is cracked all kinds of crazy but the touch sensitivity is perfectly fine. I'd like to minimize price by replacing myself if at all possible but can't really find any instructions on how to do so. If anyone has any idea how to and any suggestions of which glass replacement kits to go for that would be amazing.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have any experience with replacing just the glass on the v20? Mine is cracked all kinds of crazy but the touch sensitivity is perfectly fine. I'd like to minimize price by replacing myself if at all possible but can't really find any instructions on how to do so. If anyone has any idea how to and any suggestions of which glass replacement kits to go for that would be amazing.

The glass is likely fused to the screen. Here's a teardown video that shows the process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNgSDmkn96c

Be very cautious when opening up the device to replace part(s), and know exactly what you are doing before attempting to tear down and replace.

Last edited: