Extended battery

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I just received the Perfine 6400 battery this afternoon. It comes with 2 back covers; black and silver, both plastic. I'm sporting the black one for now. The grip is very good, and the kit doesn't add much weight at all. Following the charging instructions, I installed it right out of the box and turned the phone on. It came with 48% charge and is at 37% after 7.5 hrs. medium-heavy use. Network only. As instructed, I'll run the battery down to auto shutdown before charging it fully. I'll report more in a few days. So far, I'm very satisfied.

Vforce7

Banned
Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
I just received the Perfine 6400 battery this afternoon. It comes with 2 back covers; black and silver, both plastic. I'm sporting the black one for now. The grip is very good, and the kit doesn't add much weight at all. Following the charging instructions, I installed it right out of the box and turned the phone on. It came with 48% charge and is at 37% after 7.5 hrs. medium-heavy use. Network only. As instructed, I'll run the battery down to auto shutdown before charging it fully. I'll report more in a few days. So far, I'm very satisfied.

It's not Available now.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The Perfine 6400 battery I got yesterday finally shut down and is recharging for the first time now. It arrived with 48% and finally shut down at 1% after 22 hours of actual use (heavy use). Entirely on the TMO network; no wifi. As far as charging speed, it's at 63% after an hour. It's recommended that for the first 3-5 charges that you run the battery all the way to auto shutdown before charging, and to let it charge for 1-2 hours after full charge. So far, I'm very pleased with it's performance and quality. The back covers, although plastic, both (black and silver) are well made and fit perfectly and provide a good grip. I'll report back after using it on a full charge. Probably after the third full charge. (which might take a week or so, at current performance)

Last edited:

Vforce7

Banned
Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
The Perfine 6400 battery I got yesterday finally shut down and is recharging for the first time now. It arrived with 48% and finally shut down at 1% after 22 hours of actual use (heavy use). As far as charging speed, it's at 63% after an hour. It's recommended that for the first 3-5 charges that you run the battery all the way to auto shutdown before charging, and to let it charge for 1-2 hours after full charge. So far, I'm very pleased with it's performance and quality. The back covers, although plastic, both (black and silver) are well made and fit perfectly and provide a good grip. I'll report back after using it on a full charge.

The drawback besides being a funky shape is no case protection. They could have smoothed out the back a bit

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
One of the things I like about the Perfine is that it's slim and adds very little weight. Yes, it doesn't have a protective case that would add bulk, but the grip on the back covers are comfortable and I feel secure handling the phone. So far, so good.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The drawback besides being a funky shape is no case protection. They could have smoothed out the back a bit

There have been other phones in past year that I've had extended batteries installed on that have had exactly the same shaped backs. They've actually been very comfortable and actually add a finger-resting place for an index finger to securely hold the phone.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I found it by searching on Amazon
What about this one for 34.99?
It does not specify capacity... Just says 2 times so I guess they are implying 6400
Hyperion

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01M...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5658327
I've used Hyperion in the past for both my G3 and G4. I would use them again. Good customer service.
One of the things I like about the Perfine is that it's slim and adds very little weight. Yes, it doesn't have a protective case that would add bulk, but the grip on the back covers are comfortable and I feel secure handling the phone. So far, so good.
Can you describe the grip or compare it to something? What some consider good grip, I often still consider too slippery.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I've used Hyperion in the past for both my G3 and G4. I would use them again. Good customer service.

Can you describe the grip or compare it to something? What some consider good grip, I often still consider too slippery.

I would describe the texture of the back similar to a rubber cover. It comes with two backs, black and silver. I haven't tried the silver one yet.

Just installed the silver one. It may be just me, but the black one seems tackier. Maybe because it's flat black color. But the silver also feels good on the phone. It's also flat color.

Last edited:

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Actually there was another extended battery before the Zerolemon made its appearance on Amazon.

I have my review unit on the phone now to test it out. Just came in today.

Zerolemon is also thinking about a 5,000mAh as well but nothing in stone yet.

That was the Perfine battery.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Since they have to add their own phone back to facilitate the thicker battery I wish they would put qi charging coil in there to allow wireless charging.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar