How do you turn the screen off when the V20 is laying on a table?

be the droid

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Besides picking it up...

When I'm in an app screen (not on home screen) and I want to quickly turn the screen off, what are my options?

Do I really have to swipe up to reveal the home button (1), hit that (2), then double-tap on the screen (3)?

Why can't I just double-tap on the lil second screen instead?

Got any tips?

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I always just double tapped the home screen. I did have to go to the home screen though.

I didn't know that you could double tap the notification bar? Cool!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I always just double tapped the home screen. I did have to go to the home screen though.

I didn't know that you could double tap the notification bar? Cool!

With NOVA installed you can only tap on the notification bar

Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I thought I read you can install a side app for Nova to get the double tap off and lock from the home screen function back. I personally use Next 3D and that's what I had to do. The downside is this also forces you to use your pin to unlock it the next time, and will not allow you to use your fingerprint.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site

I thought I read you can install a side app for Nova to get the double tap off and lock from the home screen function back. I personally use Next 3D and that's what I had to do. The downside is this also forces you to use your pin to unlock it the next time, and will not allow you to use your fingerprint.
The Nova developers recommended screen lock pro before they built in support for fingerprint. I didn't know about the notification bar double tap though very cool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781