Had my screen changed due to being cracked. Now, in low light, the phone goes to sleep and won't wake up.

Example: In bedroom at night with TV on, the second screen will shutoff as if the phone is face down or in my pocket. When it is in this mode, nothing will light it up. I get a message, phone rings, alarm goes off e.t.c. it stays dark. If I press the power button several times or hold it down (random) it will finally wake up with the main screen.

Wife has same phone and when I take both phones into a low light area, my second screen will turn off (goes to sleep). Hers will stay on. Our settings are all identical.

Place that replaced screen has tried some things to see if prox sensor is shaded or something but there's been no improvement. It definitely started when the screen was changed. Even with the cracked screen it didn't do it.

Any suggestions? Anyone else have this problem?
    01-24-2017 09:51 AM
    Had my screen changed due to being cracked. Now, in low light, the phone goes to sleep and won't wake up.

Example: In bedroom at night with TV on, the second screen will shutoff as if the phone is face down or in my pocket. When it is in this mode, nothing will light it up. I get a message, phone rings, alarm goes off e.t.c. it stays dark. If I press the power button several times or hold it down (random) it will finally wake up with the main screen.

Wife has same phone and when I take both phones into a low light area, my second screen will turn off (goes to sleep). Hers will stay on. Our settings are all identical.

Place that replaced screen has tried some things to see if prox sensor is shaded or something but there's been no improvement. It definitely started when the screen was changed. Even with the cracked screen it didn't do it.

Any suggestions? Anyone else have this problem?
    Did you replaced the glass and digitizer only or the actual LCD screen as well?

Did you replace the part(s) yourself or where did you have the phone fixed?
    01-24-2017 10:15 AM
    Pretty sure it was just the glass/digitizer but i'm not certain. I did not change it, I took it to a repair shop. They're still trying to fix it. They're ordering another screen now to try.
    01-24-2017 12:12 PM
    Sounds like they didn't do it right. Either that or the replacement was a lemon one and hopefully the new one will fix it.
    01-24-2017 12:24 PM
    I had the same issue after replacing my screen myself. There is a small rubber piece that sits around the proximity sensor. It was likely not included on the replacement screen, mine was not. That means the shop should have removed it from your original, broken screen and installed it in your replacement.

I was having the same issues that you described. After installing the rubber piece into my screen, the phone works correctly in the dark now.

Screen Change - Now won't wake up-6lz5dc6.jpg
    GSDer likes this.
    06-07-2017 08:59 AM