My power button just stopped working for no reason. I always have a case on it so it wasn't caused by dropping it. The fingerprint scanner still works, but I can't take a screenshot or turn the phone off... If I have to replace this, it will be my 3rd V20 since November and I'm a little bit over it now.
    02-05-2017 05:45 PM
    Fairly common, just remove the battery
    mitul_mehta likes this.
    02-05-2017 06:34 PM
    I'm sorry it stopped working for you! I'm assuming it's not stuck or anything like that? If you are getting a bit tired of the V20, is there a way for you to swap that with your carrier for a device of similar value? What about your warranties, etc?
    02-05-2017 07:17 PM
    i had to remove the battery 3x before the power button turned back on so not quite a quick fix. never mind that it shouldn't be a common problem for any device...
    02-05-2017 08:13 PM
    i have t-mobile so i can use jump on demand but there's nothing comparable (in my opinion) to jump to. i only have the v20 because the note 7 was recalled immediately after i ordered it and there wasn't anything else worth getting at the time. i'm just waiting for the g6 & note 8 launches and crossing my fingers that they aren't terrible.
    02-05-2017 08:15 PM
    The power button stopped working for me a few days ago but a battery pull fixed the problem. I've also gotten a "sim card removed device will restart" error a few times now, but after it restarts everything is fine. I'm really hoping these little bugs don't become a major issue.
    tsarcams likes this.
    02-06-2017 09:04 AM
    i had to remove the battery 3x before the power button turned back on so not quite a quick fix. never mind that it shouldn't be a common problem for any device...
    If you remove the battery and then the button works, that sounds like a software issue. Hopefully battery pulls will fix this while you're waiting for those launches!
    sswitzer and tsarcams like this.
    02-06-2017 10:04 AM
    Could be a software issue. I don't really press the power button to turn on the screen. Just double tap the screen.
    02-06-2017 11:05 PM
    My power button pretty much got stuck for weeks in the pressed position with not much clickiness to it when I pressed it. I tried all the methods mentioned here like removing the battery which didn't really help much. Then all of a sudden the power button just started working again with no issues and the same responsiveness as if I got it day one. Don't know what happened but it's great. Even when the button was stuck the fingerprint sensor still worked flawlessly and I could still push the bower button in(just a little) to turn it off but it definitely didn't click in like it should have. All is well. No complaints about this phone.
    sswitzer likes this.
    02-09-2017 05:54 AM
    My power button stopped. I'm afraid to pull the battery because I may not be able to cut it back on.

Has anyone not been able to turn it back on?
    02-12-2017 02:16 PM
    My power button pretty much got stuck for weeks in the pressed position with not much clickiness to it when I pressed it. I tried all the methods mentioned here like removing the battery which didn't really help much. Then all of a sudden the power button just started working again with no issues and the same responsiveness as if I got it day one. Don't know what happened but it's great. Even when the button was stuck the fingerprint sensor still worked flawlessly and I could still push the bower button in(just a little) to turn it off but it definitely didn't click in like it should have. All is well. No complaints about this phone.
    How were you able to start after a battery pull? Was it making contact and just not clicking
    02-12-2017 04:21 PM
    How were you able to start after a battery pull? Was it making contact and just not clicking
    Yeah I could still "press" the power button technically. It just didn't have that clicky feeling or the travel was very shallow. I had to put some force behind it if that makes sense.
    02-12-2017 04:28 PM
    Yeah I could still "press" the power button technically. It just didn't have that clicky feeling or the travel was very shallow. I had to put some force behind it if that makes sense.
    I've had times where it clicked less but I find it's better without the case
    02-12-2017 04:33 PM