I have been a very satisfied Sprint V20 LS997user since the initial promo. The phone is great. But I don't care for Sprint (network quality issues in my area) so I am switching to a reseller on the T-Mobile network. Thus I have acquired a T-Mobile (H918) version of the phone. New, sealed package but from an eBay source so no returns or exchanges. Everything works perfectly but the screen does not look like the screen from LS997, The LS997 is very bright and the whites are very bright. The H918 does not look bad, but the whites are more washed out and the screen does not get as bright. Not bad. Closer to the screen on my former Nexus 6P.

Just wondering why. Batch differences? Different screen tuning in software? Has anyone else noticed these types of differences? Thanks.
    02-07-2017 10:26 PM
    I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm a current T-Mobile customer. In the past, I've noticed some of their phones had quality issues, especially with the display. Either the color looks a bit off, or there are light bleeds, etc. Might be a T-Mobile thing and they get the lower grade internals? Possibly the A grades are given to Verizon, AT&T, Sprint. Not sure, but a possibility. I'm using a LG V20 LGUS-996 USA unlocked version and no quality issues here.
    02-07-2017 10:50 PM
    I seriously considered the US996, but I saved a chunk of money on the H918 and I want to make sure I can get the best T-Mobile performance so I went with that. I have preferred unlocked, carrier agnostic phones in the past and still have a Nexus 6, but I am done with Sprint. AT&T is just too expensive and Verizon is even more so. Thus, T-Mobile is my future and so I am happy with the H918. But I am surprised at the apparent difference. I can live with it but I do prefer the other screen better.
    02-07-2017 11:08 PM
    I seriously considered the US996, but I saved a chunk of money on the H918 and I want to make sure I can get the best T-Mobile performance so I went with that. I have preferred unlocked, carrier agnostic phones in the past and still have a Nexus 6, but I am done with Sprint. AT&T is just too expensive and Verizon is even more so. Thus, T-Mobile is my future and so I am happy with the H918. But I am surprised at the apparent difference. I can live with it but I do prefer the other screen better.
    I've been happy with my T-Mobile service. Been using it for almost 7 years now? Great price and reliable service (except when in a very crowded area like Vegas or a concert).
    02-08-2017 08:43 PM
    I used to be on T-Mobile and for a long time was happy. But T-Mobile oversold my neighborhood and performance dropped to modem speeds. I went to AT&T, then Sprint. Speeds have improved greatly here on T-Mobile. So goodbye Sprint.
    02-08-2017 09:20 PM