02-16-2017 06:29 AM
29 12
tools
    Like the DAC we had on the V20 wasn't good enough, this one might blow the V20 away from what I hear.

http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-g...-audio-749258/
    02-13-2017 05:40 AM
    Like the DAC we had on the V20 wasn't good enough, this one might blow the V20 away from what I hear.

http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-g...-audio-749258/
    Dont believe the hype. The idea is to get you to upgrade. The changes are minimal and the human ear won't hear the difference. When dogs carry cell phones, the improvement may mean something.
    02-13-2017 08:12 AM
    That's amazing. Glad they are still working with the headphone jack technology. The V20 audio already sounds amazing!
    02-13-2017 08:12 AM
    Dont believe the hype. The idea is to get you to upgrade. The changes are minimal and the human ear won't hear the difference. When dogs carry cell phones, the improvement may mean something.
    +1 to "don't believe the hype." The way the article reads it's hard to tell whether the reference to improved audio performance is from the G5 to the G6 or better than the V20. The reference to being able to control the left and right channel already exists on the V20 (and did on the V10 too). As pointed out in the article you won't be able to hear the improvement in distortion. The only improvement that might help in some specialized applications is improved processing speed but for the way I use the DAC, I doubt I will experience any improvement.

The upside is LG seems to be supporting the headphone jack when the industry seems to be moving away from it, though it is not for sure. LG could pump the DAC audio output through the USB-C connector. There are high-end external DAC's that use USB.
    02-13-2017 08:39 AM
    Yeah, so hopefully it will improve more then what it says, but we will have to wait to see.
    02-13-2017 02:07 PM
    Yeah, so hopefully it will improve more then what it says, but we will have to wait to see.
    The best thing you can to improve the sound out of the Quad DAC or any external DAC is by using quality sound files and getting a quality set of headphones.
    02-13-2017 02:15 PM
    i doubt 99% of people will be able to tell the difference. V20 is already quiet good compared to most phones.
    02-13-2017 03:47 PM
    i doubt 99% of people will be able to tell the difference. V20 is already quiet good compared to most phones.
    How do you get people to upgrade? Improve the product or tell then that you have.
    02-13-2017 04:45 PM
    Can't they improved battery? Lol.
    02-13-2017 06:01 PM
    Can't they improved battery? Lol.
    By making it non removable?
    Not for me..... But for those that like sealed units with waterproofing and want the battery to last all day long they can buy two G6s
    02-13-2017 06:20 PM
    Not for me..... But for those that like sealed units with waterproofing and want the battery to last all day long they can buy two G6s
    I'm OK with both. Just asking for more juice if they can.

I tested the Huawei Mate 9 and screen on time was 6 hours ++.
    02-13-2017 07:34 PM
    I think I'd prefer a better speaker. The V20 isn't as loud as my wife's S7 (mine was at full volume on Pandora, and still heard her S7 better in the next room on her Pandora station), and I think even quieter than the G4. Ideally a good set of front facing stereo speakers would be best, of course.
    02-14-2017 10:00 PM
    I think I'd prefer a better speaker. The V20 isn't as loud as my wife's S7 (mine was at full volume on Pandora, and still heard her S7 better in the next room on her Pandora station), and I think even quieter than the G4. Ideally a good set of front facing stereo speakers would be best, of course.
    You could try removing the speaker grill.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/v20/...t3554452/page2

A couple users in that thread report better clarity and increased volume.
    02-14-2017 10:14 PM
    Dual speakers would be a nice touch. Surprised though that you don't feel the volume is loud enough on the V20.
    02-15-2017 05:47 AM
    Dual speakers would be a nice touch. Surprised though that you don't feel the volume is loud enough on the V20.
    My phone before the V20 was a HTC One M8 with dual front facing speakers. That phone was louder than the V20. Front facing speakers are always a better idea than a bottom one. Still the V20 is loud but not very loud. The HTC M8 spoiled my ears.
    02-15-2017 07:13 AM
    My phone before the V20 was a HTC One M8 with dual front facing speakers. That phone was louder than the V20. Front facing speakers are always a better idea than a bottom one. Still the V20 is loud but not very loud. The HTC M8 spoiled my ears.
    I tend to use my phone speaker only for phone calls or to take a listen here or there.
    02-15-2017 07:19 AM
    LMAO! Or wait, I mean LMBO. I don't want to suggest a naughty word.

Seriously, I need to NOT read about new phones until I'm ready to upgrade. I'm lucky to get 6 months out of a phone these days. I'm dreading the release of the S8. Lol I'd really like to try to get a year out of the V20 but I just love getting new phones.
    02-15-2017 07:41 AM
    The V20 is plenty loud most of the time. In fact, I normally keep it down in the middle range when I'm listening while holding it (gaming, videos, etc.). My issue was that the one time I did have it at full volume because it wasn't right next to me and it was drowned out by an S7 in another room. I expected it to be on par at the very least, so I was a bit humbled by it.

I may look into that grill removal tip, but I'd be concerned about debris getting in due to my work environment.
    02-15-2017 08:29 AM
    The V20 is plenty loud most of the time. In fact, I normally keep it down in the middle range when I'm listening while holding it (gaming, videos, etc.). My issue was that the one time I did have it at full volume because it wasn't right next to me and it was drowned out by an S7 in another room. I expected it to be on par at the very least, so I was a bit humbled by it.

I may look into that grill removal tip, but I'd be concerned about debris getting in due to my work environment.
    I would not remove the grill
    02-15-2017 08:46 AM
    So 1 can't last all day? That's a bad expectation.
    Aquila likes this.
    02-15-2017 10:26 AM
    So 1 can't last all day? That's a bad expectation.
    I can't define what a bad or good expectation is. I can only comment based on my needs. There is no phone on the planet that would last me all day every day without mods or charging cases. The rumor is that the G6 will be 3200, but even if it were 4000 it wouldn't last me all day. That's why I prefer swappable batteries when I can't top off with quick charge.
    02-15-2017 11:16 AM
    I can't define what a bad or good expectation is. I can only comment based on my needs. There is no phone on the planet that would last me all day every day without mods or charging cases. The rumor is that the G6 will be 3200, but even if it were 4000 it wouldn't last me all day. That's why I prefer swappable batteries when I can't top off with quick charge.
    Ah okay because you said people could buy 2 so it sounded like your expectation was not even one day of use (for others) -- not your expectation on it :P. I am in the same boat -- I can kill phones before lunch most days (even I could kill a 4k one as well I am sure).
    02-15-2017 11:21 AM
    The v20 speaker was actually pretty good when i first got it, but the last T-Mobile update that "improved audio quality" definitely made it weaker. Not sure if it's the same on other carriers or not.
    02-15-2017 02:00 PM
    Almost every flagship has no problem getting through a day for most users. I don't expect the G6 to suck at that.
    Mike Dee likes this.
    02-15-2017 02:32 PM
    Almost every flagship has no problem getting through a day for most users. I don't expect the G6 to suck at that.
    The DAC can be a real battery killer, especially in high impedance mode with a huge set of cans, but I imagine a good subset of people will buy it not for that purpose.
    Aquila likes this.
    02-15-2017 02:55 PM
29 12