06-22-2017 11:06 AM
35 12
tools
    Hi... Are you having any problems with the receiver or does it still work fine? I am especially concerned with the phone overheating or getting damaged when charging overnight or for too long. Not sure if you have tried to charge your phone overnight and if you have run into any problems doing so. Also, is it easy to remove the connector from the port (leaving the sticker on), in case we want to charge the phone using a type c to USB cable (say when we don't have access to a wireless charger)? If you could post some pictures, would be great!
    Both receiver & charger work well. I even charge my 9.7 inches tablet wirelessly.

I have on several occasions charged overnight. When it is reaches 100%, the charger goes into sleep mode with the monitor light off. Both phone & charger remain cool.
    I refer to the 2 brands I mentioned earlier (Choetech & Nillkin) . I don't know about the cheaper alternatives.

For pictures open the links to these 2 products in my earlier post.

It is not difficult to disconnect the receiver from the phone's USB port, but it's quite annoying if you have to do that often. As I have power supply at my desk & a car wireless charger, I never had to charge with the bundled wired charger.
    06-14-2017 02:36 PM
    Thank you for your detailed response. I really appreciate it. Just to confirm on the products, I have links from amazon below.

Type C Receiver: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M11UT3V...cUvbUpU5850584

Wireless Charging Pad: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JA7HNZO...cUvbUpU5850584

I reckon these should be good. Good to know you haven't had problems with overnight charging and that it's not that hard to remove the receiver from the USB port. I don't expect to do it often. I have one on my car too. If I get the one I listed above, plan to use it at home. I just wanted to make sure it's easy to remove the receiver from the port. Just couple more questions if I may - How long have you been using the receiver? And do you think this case would hinder with the receiver in any way - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N3Q29MW...cUvbUpU5850584
    06-14-2017 02:47 PM
    Thank you for your detailed response. I really appreciate it. Just to confirm on the products, I have links from amazon below.

Type C Receiver: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M11UT3V...cUvbUpU5851006

Wireless Charging Pad: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JA7HNZO...cUvbUpU5851006

I reckon these should be good. Good to know you haven't had problems with overnight charging and that it's not that hard to remove the receiver from the USB port. I don't expect to do it often. I have one on my car too. If I get the one I listed above, plan to use it at home. I just wanted to make sure it's easy to remove the receiver from the port. Just couple more questions if I may - How long have you been using the receiver? And do you think this case would hinder with the receiver in any way - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N3Q29MW...cUvbUpU5851006
    Hi,
    These are the products I am using.
    I find you have a good deal for the charger. However, mine did not come with a power adapter.

I don't think the case will interfere with the charging. Mine is quite thick. The one I have on my tablet is thick also. My previous (brandless) charger & receiver could not charge my tablet with the same case. BTW they have already stopped working just a year after purchase.

Keep us informed about your new toys
    06-14-2017 11:38 PM
    I read that slow charging is better for the lifetime of the battery. It is heat in wireless charging that deteriorates the battery. My wireless charging receiver stays amazingly cool during charging, contrary to several other receivers I previously used.
    Also if I have an AC source at hand, I will drop the Phone on the charging pad when not in use. So the battery level never drops too low, which is bad for it's durability.

Well, I ''read''. Don't know how true is what read.
    Used to have Galaxy S6 Active with fast charge and also wireless pad. Phone did get incredibly hot while charging. 8 months later the phone battery started to crap out. Figures.
    06-17-2017 04:08 PM
    Used to have Galaxy S6 Active with fast charge and also wireless pad. Phone did get incredibly hot while charging. 8 months later the phone battery started to crap out. Figures.
    Don't have the heating problem. My V20 will get warm on wireless charging, but never hot. I have a Nillkin receiver & a 3 coils Choetech charger.
    06-18-2017 04:42 PM
    Hi there Brjik! Thanks to your suggestions, I am pretty happy with my purchases too - Nillkin receiver and the Choetech 3 coil charger. I am experiencing the same thing you are too. My phone gets warm (even tried overnight charging), but never hot. One thing that bothers me however is that it is pretty slow to charge my phone. I don't believe the V20 (or the G6 for that matter) supports fast wireless charging. Unless I am mistaken, even if I resort to getting a different fast wireless charger, it wouldn't help, would it?

On a side note, the incipio case, although fits my phone fine and charges fine wirelessly over the choetech, was too big to fit in the charger on my car. Nevertheless, this definitely works. I might resort to just having the receiver show (without a case covering the back of the phone where the receiver stays put), and live with it .
    06-19-2017 09:18 AM
    Wireless charging is slower than wired charging. It will take between 4 to 4.5 hours to fully charge the V20 from 0 to 100 %.
    This does not bother me as most of the time I sit at my desk next to my wireless charger. When not in use, the phone sits on the charger and gets fully charged all the time.

A fast wireless charger will not charge the V20 faster. Last year I bought a Choetech 3 coils Fast charger in anticipation of buying a Samsung Note, but as I bought the V20 instead, I am using the charger as a normal wireless charger.

I have a Choetech T510 wireless car charger. I don't have any problem fitting my V20 (with a thick case on) into the charger.
    06-19-2017 12:55 PM
    Are you saying even a fast charger not being able to fast charge the LG V20, simply because the device doesn't support it?

Also, I ran into unexpected heating issues and the fact that last night, my phone hardly charged 40% when I left it to charge overnight! The first thing that comes to mind is, how did you plug the wall adapter - directly to a wall outlet or to an extension/surge protector? I plugged it in directly to a wall outlet since it was recommended in the instructions and item description. But now I am wondering if I should actually be using a surge protector instead. Let me know.

Btw, the charger I have in my car came pre-installed (Toyota Camry). It's in a weird spot, below the car audio system. It has a cap that flips open (bottom-up), and I need to place the phone inside. Turned out, with the Incipio case, I could get the phone touching the charging pad (too cramped for room). Without the case, however, fits snugly and charges just fine. I haven't really taken a long drive since I purchased the receiver (and this phone for that matter), so I am not sure how it will behave when left to charge for a long time.
    06-21-2017 10:54 PM
    Are you saying even a fast charger not being able to fast charge the LG V20, simply because the device doesn't support it?

Also, I ran into unexpected heating issues and the fact that last night, my phone hardly charged 40% when I left it to charge overnight! The first thing that comes to mind is, how did you plug the wall adapter - directly to a wall outlet or to an extension/surge protector? I plugged it in directly to a wall outlet since it was recommended in the instructions and item description. But now I am wondering if I should actually be using a surge protector instead. Let me know.

Btw, the charger I have in my car came pre-installed (Toyota Camry). It's in a weird spot, below the car audio system. It has a cap that flips open (bottom-up), and I need to place the phone inside. Turned out, with the Incipio case, I could get the phone touching the charging pad (too cramped for room). Without the case, however, fits snugly and charges just fine. I haven't really taken a long drive since I purchased the receiver (and this phone for that matter), so I am not sure how it will behave when left to charge for a long time.
    In order for fast wireless charging to work on a phone it has to have the intelligence to support the function. Simply plugging in a coiled receiver does not do that. It sees it as a conventional charger. In the case of the hardwire charger the phone recognizes the fast charging brick and supports fast charging.
    06-22-2017 04:44 AM

A fast wireless charger will only fast charge the Samsung Note & S series.

What you can try if the charge does not progress is to use the phone till the battery is completely depleted, then start charging.
    If this does not work, contact Choetech.
    support@choetech.com
    I once contacted them, they are very helpful.

I plug the adapter directly into the mains. The adapter should be 5 V & 2 Amp. Max.

On trick I do is not to lay the charger directly on the table, but on an inverted coffee tin lid. The space between the lid & bottom of charger allows natural ventilation, hence cooling.
    06-22-2017 11:06 AM
35 12