Laggy V20?

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
To those who are reporting having a lag issue with the V20, what exactly do you have running? Do you use smart cleaner? how often does it happen?

I've had mine since day one, and really the only time it lagged is when I was initially setting everything up, downloading apps, contacts and such and it wasn't even that bad. I may have had one or two stutters since then, but nothing really crazy.

Please share your experiences.

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
No lag here. Random battery drain sometimes but that's the quirk with a lot of Android phones!

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I purchased mine last Wednesday (April 22) and so far very nice and smooth! I'm meticulous when it comes to installing apps on my device. Believe me, I'll let you all know when/what/if something happens as I go along!

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
The past few days I've been running into lag where the alarm doesn't stop until several seconds after I touch the Dismiss button. I'm hopeful a system cache wipe will have cured the problem.

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
No lag here, everything running pretty smooth. Once in a while it will take a little long to load a particular app. I'm assuming that's more of a WiFi/app issue than the device itself.

Very happy with my V20

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Still very happy with my v20. Once in awhile it will lag when it does it does it on anything I do like if I'm trying to load an app it takes awhile or when I'm txting it lags even if I'm flipping through the screens it does. What I've been doing to fix that is just letting the battery drain and it turn itself off. After that it will work fine for a few days before it gets laggy again.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Still very happy with my v20. Once in awhile it will lag when it does it does it on anything I do like if I'm trying to load an app it takes awhile or when I'm txting it lags even if I'm flipping through the screens it does. What I've been doing to fix that is just letting the battery drain and it turn itself off. After that it will work fine for a few days before it gets laggy again.
Have you tried just restarting the phone to see if that clears it up?

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
There has been a lag in your posts.... Come back to the dark side.
7ad4e303eb09d212adb62839774c9b90.gif

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
i have a theory that a lot of the lag that people report in (newer) Samsung & LG phones are due to adding a bunch of stuff and not using the native applications.

Like replacing the LG calendar, keyboard, messaging, etc

I would assume it would be more fluid keeping as much native LG as possible

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
i have a theory that a lot of the lag that people report in (newer) Samsung & LG phones are due to adding a bunch of stuff and not using the native applications.

Like replacing the LG calendar, keyboard, messaging, etc

I would assume it would be more fluid keeping as much native LG as possible

I have 2 different keyboards on my phone cause they work better for me than the LG one, I also use a different email app and I don't have a problem, but you could be on to something.

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Yep tried a battery pull but its only once in awhile that my phone lags. Otherwise runs smoother then any phone I've ever had.