Trouble with MMS

MikeyBugs95

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
For some reason, every time I receive a MMS message, specifically a group text message, the phone will always put the message under specific numbers instead of the group chat. I then have to go download the message(s) even when I have good service, data reception, and WiFi service. Downloading the messages takes a while and more often than not I have to retry it multiple times. I recently moved to Cricket (as an "experiment" my parents want to try out) with a T-Mobile V20. I don't know what's happening with the messages.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
For some reason, every time I receive a MMS message, specifically a group text message, the phone will always put the message under specific numbers instead of the group chat. I then have to go download the message(s) even when I have good service, data reception, and WiFi service. Downloading the messages takes a while and more often than not I have to retry it multiple times. I recently moved to Cricket (as an "experiment" my parents want to try out) with a T-Mobile V20. I don't know what's happening with the messages.

I'm having the same issue with the group text messages not downloading automatically. Possibly an update will fix it?

MikeyBugs95

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
An update of sorts: with Data turned on, the phone will automatically download the message and place it within the group-message as long as there is good network reception. Still have the same problems if data is off or there is poor reception (which is understandable). My only qualm is that I don't want to keep data on constantly. For understandable reasons, I have a limited amount of gigabytes of data available so I don't want to run through that with data being on.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I found the solution for it. Go to settings, networks, mobile data, then scroll down to messaging and then enable background data and unrestricted data use. Now group messages will download automatically.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21