Why do i have to turn bluetooth off to get turn by turn voice

A

AC Question

Google maps turn by turn directions voice does not work until i turn off bluetooth on lg v20

irvine752

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Google maps turn by turn directions voice does not work until i turn off bluetooth on lg v20

I have used Google Maps in a couple rental cars. It works just fine with Bluetooth On if you have a good signal with Wi-Fi also turned on. Besides trying the steps below (if you are trying to connect in car), try to also download some areas onto your phone so you can get directions offline.

1. Turn on Bluetooth on your phone or tablet.

2. Pair your phone or tablet to your car.

3. Set the source for your car's audio system to Bluetooth.

4. Open the Google Maps app Menu Settings Navigation settings.

5. Next to "Play voice over Bluetooth," turn the switch on

irvine752

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
But I heard you cannot play your radio at the same time.

When you set the source for your car's audio system to Bluetooth you're effectively taking away the output from FM, AM, USB, AUX, SXM & any other sources besides Bluetooth.

You can still play or stream audio from your phone with Bluetooth, Google Maps would simply chime in at the right time by either pausing your audio or lowering the volume to give you the turn by turn directions.

Thefur

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I am seeing the same thing on my Samsung s7 since the last update. I use my google maps A LOT and before the update, I paired my phone with the car and put source for the car on FM, AM, USB, or AUX, and listen to those sources and the voice navigation came from the phone. Incoming calls came from the handsfree through the car. Since the update, when I am connected to the car's bluetooth the voice navigation will only go through the bluetooth and if you are not set for bluetooth as the source on the car you can't hear anything. I am still waiting for a fix to this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae