phone just went nuts, bootloop?

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I dont really know if this counts as bootloop or not.

I have had my phone since Feb 23rd, everything was going great. Not rooted, no roms, none of that.

today one battery drained rather quickly, paid it no mind

switched batteries, everything was fine, I was listening to Bluetooth. Then out of the blue, I get a notification that second screen crashed. Then I get a system UI crash popup, and then over and over with those two. Oddly enough, my music kept playing

then when I rebooted, it went to the t-mobile screen, then my lock screen, but it would say no service. As soon as I try to put in my PIN, screen goes black. Then the 2nd screen just flashes through various screens

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
for reference i was on the Black Bold theme.

if I try to boot into Safe Mode. It will say "Safe mode" on the bottom left, but the rest of the screen is black.

if I hold down the power button, I do get the normal pop ups for Power Off, Restart, and Airplane Mode

Chris Dontworryaboutit

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I did have an issue where I could not open certain things in my settings list. When I tried it would crash settings. Turned out to be one of the pre installed LG themes. Can't remember which one but it was one of the dark ones and changing it made everything work fine. What was funny was everything I searched to fix this said to open settings and clear the cache. Huh I can't open settings, what else you got? Anyway good luck.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I dont really know if this counts as bootloop or not.

I have had my phone since Feb 23rd, everything was going great. Not rooted, no roms, none of that.

today one battery drained rather quickly, paid it no mind

switched batteries, everything was fine, I was listening to Bluetooth. Then out of the blue, I get a notification that second screen crashed. Then I get a system UI crash popup, and then over and over with those two. Oddly enough, my music kept playing

then when I rebooted, it went to the t-mobile screen, then my lock screen, but it would say no service. As soon as I try to put in my PIN, screen goes black. Then the 2nd screen just flashes through various screens

That's not a boot loop.

middbrew

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I had that happen three times. AT&T finally sent me a warranty replacement. I wasn't using a 3rd party theme or anything that should have caused the trouble.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463