Is V20 actually big compare to the old LG G Flex first edition

shawnreum

Banned
Feb 1, 2017
Visit site
Pulled out my old Flex and placed it next to my my V20 which has a thin TPU case on it. In comparison the V20 with case is a little bigger than the Flex without case.
Just find it strange how people claimed the Flex to be to big, but they can accept the size of the V20.
1490145462055.jpg

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Pulled out my old Flex and placed it next to my my V20 which has a thin TPU case on it. In comparison the V20 with case is a little bigger than the Flex without case.
Just find it strange how people claimed the Flex to be to big, but they can accept the size of the V20.
View attachment 254690

There was a time people thought my Droid X was too big. Compared to a lot of phones it was.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 254690

3.5 inch was the size we started off with, now considered miniature (almost unusable for today's standards)
5.1 inch was once standard, now considered compact
5.5 inch was once large but now considered medium sized
5.7 is today's standard sized smartphone
6 inch is the next gen smartphone standard

After using a 6 inch ZTE ZMAX Pro, the V20 feels very compact and slim actually. I have a feeling that 6 inch will be the next standard size.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 254690
You do realise that was 4years ago right? A LOT has changed.

Back in 2013 a phone with a 5.5inch Display was seen as large and 5.7inch was really stretching it, 6inch was incredibly niche.

Over the past 4years we have seen content become more mobile friendly and Networks improve their infrastructure to a point where you get 4G LTE in a lot more places meaning people can stream and enjoy high quality content their phones, also phones have become not just more powerful but frugal at how they handle high quality content and social media apps. A phone from 2013 will heat up to extreme temperatures if it had to run Instagram and Snapchat in their current forms, yet phones built in the last year or 2 don't break a sweat.

The V20 is still in the large side though, that's why LG worked on fitting a larger screen on a smaller body, this the G6, and we are going to see the same from Samsung and other OEMs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz